Skip to search.

Re: psychotic lesbians, etc.

  • turkish_pikey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2002
      I remember those ER episodes! *smacks head* and I can't believe I
      forgot about Dr Weaver. Eeesh, silly me.

      I found that article a day ago and it is the BEST one I have read for
      the whole Dead Tara/Evil Willow plotline. I was horribly upset when I
      saw the demise of Tara, but I think it was fair and handled well. I
      don't think the uproar was at ALL neccessary. She shouldn't have
      special treatment just because she was a lesbian. NOBODY'S life in
      Sunnydale was perfect. So what if she was a 'Scoobie'? Break some
      rules to shake the show up..

      Bah, I'll miss Tara, but I think it was handled amazingly. Especially
      with Xander comforting Willow, since he was the ONLY person close to
      her, next to Tara. I hate all the people reading into it as "man
      saving the lesbian" when its really the BEST FRIEND saving his BEST
      FRIEND.

      -Ellstar
      I could never be your woman.
      http://napalmcandy.net

      --- In Yuricon@y..., PhoenixStar15@a... wrote:
      > There was a lesbian couple on ER, and none of them went
      psychotic/evil/dead.
      > Although I never really watch ER. Dr. Weaver and the actress from
      Gia. And
      > there was a one shot lesbian couple, elderly, and one of them was
      really
      > sick. And she requested that she not be put on life support, and
      her lover
      > knew this. But that doesn't have any legal pull, so they had to
      call the
      > sick woman's brother and go by what he said. And he said put her on
      life
      > support and it was so sad. I was bawling my eyes out. Over that
      and the
      > little tiny sick preemy baby. But anyway. I read a really good
      article on
      > Willow and Tara.
      > <A
      HREF="http://www.popmatters.com/tv/reviews/b/buffy-the-vampire-slayer3.shtml">Buffy
      the Vampire Slayer | PopMatters Television Review</A> <<Check it out.

      > And I agree with Joss doing it, because he said it was such a hard
      thing to
      > do, and that's how he knew it was the right thing to do.
      >
      > Plus, Will and Grace is a perfect example of non evil/psychotic/dead
      gay men,
      > as well as Dawson's Creek. Arguably, you could count Lorn from
      Angel as
      > well.
      >
      > There was an episode of early M*A*S*H (gotta love that show!) where
      they were
      > treating a gay soldier, and one of the doctors, not Hawkeye or
      Trapper John,
      > the other one that stays in the Swamp, wanted to court marshall the gay
      > soldier. And Hawkeye and Trapper wouldn't let him. It was nice. ^_^
      >

      > meghan, saying more than she's said in a while
      > the one engaged
      >
      > "I miss your purple hair
      > I miss the way you taste"
      >
      > deadjournal: edens_echo
    • tim_second
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2002
        I agree about Tara's death. One reason she died is because she and
        willlow were having a happy relationship before the bullit.
        A line which buffy spoke in the first season, all faithful veiwers
        should have known this was going to happen. The line is (paraphased
        of course) "None of us are going to have a healthy nomal
        relationship."

        I sure have been talkative the past week, I am nomally a super lurker.

        Sincer,

        Tim II- Challenger