Re: A long, tedious introduction

  • alicewithwings
    Message 1 of 91 , Jun 1, 2002
      > Anyway, welcome aboard, fellow person-who-lives-in-Silicon-
      Valley.
      > Are you misplaced? Do you hate it? Argh, California sucks.
      >
      > Vera

      How long have you lived in Silicon Valley? I hated it for the first
      3 or 4 years that I lived here, (especially when people kept telling
      me that it was the BEST place in the world to live, and mind you
      these people, more often than not, said that they had never lived
      anywhere else, man I hate people like that!) I've grown a bit more
      attached to the West Coast, though, and I finally lost my Maryland
      accent... I still don't think I'll stay here when I have a choice,
      but it's not as gut-wrenchingly painfull to live here as it used to
      be, and at least it's a more accepting environment than the East
      Coast. If I told some of the people I used to know that I'm a
      lesbian I'd be shunned...

      -Alice
    • Dana G.
      Message 91 of 91 , Jun 10, 2002
        lol, well I'm in California, so it'd be a bit of a trip. Actually,
        though, my family used to go to Maine every summer and I loved it,
        so I'll probably end up going to college some where in New England.
        My uncle lives in Vermont, so I've been looking at a lot of schools
        there.

        n" you should really check it out. new england is great. i love it to death
        (well, almost...). it's a tid bit cold and the winters can be harsh, but i
        figure if i can survive the winters with my near-constant attacks of
        raynaud's disease, than anybody can. besides, it rocks. people tend to be
        nice and it's oh so pretty. *rants and raves incoherently for about an hour
        more*

        nebula