Re: [Yuricon] A long, tedious introduction

  • Dana G.
    Message 1 of 91 , Jun 1, 2002
      But, yes, my introduction thingy. My name is Beth

      n" HI BETH!! (have any of you guys been to a HOBY seminar?)

      (b) you all seem to know each other so well, and I don't want to be the
      annoying girl who pops into the conversation without being invited. It's
      like," Um...Who the hell ARE you anyway?!!?" It can be awkward wedging into
      a group of tightly-knit friends, and you all get along so well.

      n" i'm with you on that one. 100 percent.

      (c) I love women. Love, love, love, yum, yum, yum. I love watching them
      bounce around in those demeaning fighting games. I love the way they look in
      those little school uniforms with knee socks. I love the look of a beautiful
      woman in a suave tux. I have been loved by and with women. I love that I
      live with a bunch of straight guys but *I* am usually the one making the
      raunchiest comments.

      n" are you my long lost identical twin or something?? ^_~

      I am not a lesbian. I am bisexual, and because of this, I am sometimes
      afraid that I will be shunned by lesbians. There seems to be a backlash
      (in GENERAL, but not on this board, thank heavens) against people like me
      for not "choosing a side," and I don't want to be despised because of what I
      am. I just love both; it's as simple and as boring as that. And I like this
      ML because you all sound just like me; you love anime women and love to talk
      about them. Me too. In the "real world," most of my female friends are
      straight, and they don't really understand me.

      n" that's not cool. being bi is the way you are. i find it amusing, though,
      because my bi friend always gives me a hard time for choosing a side and not
      'keeping my options open'.

      And Yui from Fushigi Yuugi has a lot of Yuri potential, but unfortunately
      Miaka is just impossibly straight. Ah, the one sided romance.

      n" i totally agree. miaki is just like usagi (and one of my friend addie for
      that matter), impossibly straight. i tried selling that theory to my friend
      clare and she only stared at me blankly. sometimes straight people just
      don't understand.

      ~the almighty lurker dana

    • Dana G.
      Message 91 of 91 , Jun 10, 2002
        lol, well I'm in California, so it'd be a bit of a trip. Actually,
        though, my family used to go to Maine every summer and I loved it,
        so I'll probably end up going to college some where in New England.
        My uncle lives in Vermont, so I've been looking at a lot of schools
        there.

        n" you should really check it out. new england is great. i love it to death
        (well, almost...). it's a tid bit cold and the winters can be harsh, but i
        figure if i can survive the winters with my near-constant attacks of
        raynaud's disease, than anybody can. besides, it rocks. people tend to be
        nice and it's oh so pretty. *rants and raves incoherently for about an hour
        more*

        nebula