Re: [Yuricon] A long, tedious introduction

  • Alex Picchetti
    Message 1 of 91 , Jun 1, 2002
      >>But here's the thing.

      I am not a lesbian. I am bisexual, and because of this, I am sometimes
      afraid that I will be shunned by lesbians. There seems to be a backlash
      (in GENERAL, but not on this board, thank heavens) against people like me for not "choosing a side," and I don't want to be despised because of what I am. I just love both; it's as simple and as boring as that. And I like this ML because you all sound just like me; you love anime women and love to talk about them. Me too. In the "real
      world," most of my female friends are straight, and they don't really
      understand me.<<

      *grins* Hey, I'm the Yuricon chibi lesbian catgirl mascot, and *technically* I'm bisexual too. ;p (Hell, I have a boyfriend... >.>;) The trick is to not let the fanboys know this ;)

      But, anyway, m'point is, you love lesbians in anime, and that's enough for this list, ne? ^_~ So, welcome! (Only four months after you got here, but ;) Feel free to join in on any conversations - I do it all the time, don't be embarrassed ;p um, what else... oh yeah. Knowledge of the anime everyone *else* has seen is not mandatory (don't worry... we can be unknowledgeable about Noir together. ^~;;) So, yeah, have fun being non-lurker-y ^-^ It's a much more active lifestyle, I find ;p

      -Alex
    • Dana G.
      Message 91 of 91 , Jun 10, 2002
        lol, well I'm in California, so it'd be a bit of a trip. Actually,
        though, my family used to go to Maine every summer and I loved it,
        so I'll probably end up going to college some where in New England.
        My uncle lives in Vermont, so I've been looking at a lot of schools
        there.

        n" you should really check it out. new england is great. i love it to death
        (well, almost...). it's a tid bit cold and the winters can be harsh, but i
        figure if i can survive the winters with my near-constant attacks of
        raynaud's disease, than anybody can. besides, it rocks. people tend to be
        nice and it's oh so pretty. *rants and raves incoherently for about an hour
        more*

        nebula