Re: Read or Die

  • Alice Kazekawa
    Message 1 of 17 , May 25, 2002

      >>I actually really liked it! The ending of the final battle came out of
      >>nowhere, but all in all, a nice semi-shoujo-ai piece!

      >>Shane, watching Read or Die...

      >--- In Yuricon@y..., Eleanor Stevens wrote:
      >
      > --- shanejayell2000 wrote:
      > > Interesting quote, oh captain, my captain! Not a bad
      > > anime, despite
      > > it's reputation.
      >
      > IT's so underated >.< but i love it *hugs her video*
      > it was my next choice after my anime hookup man
      > couldn't get me the IRIA live action movie.
      >

      > =====
      > ~Tita
      >
      > "It's Showtime!"-Tita (Plastic Little the Adventures of Captain
      Tita)

      I just watched Read or Die for the first time --  I thought it was awesome! Heh, my brother says that Yomiko reminds him of me, except I can't do all that cool stuff with paper.
      -Alice

      Do You Yahoo!?
      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
    • shanejayell2000
      Message 2 of 17 , May 27, 2002
        Laughs! I want a room like Yomiko's! And Nancy was mega cool!

        > I just watched Read or Die for the first time -- I thought it was
        awesome! Heh, my brother says that Yomiko reminds him of me, except I
        can't do all that cool stuff with paper.
        > -Alice

        "I'm in awe of Erica."
        Aren't we all? Erica fans, unite!

        Shane :)
      • Seravy~
        Message 3 of 17 , May 27, 2002
          > "I'm in awe of Erica."
          > Aren't we all? Erica fans, unite!
          >
          > Shane :)

          YEP! for me, it would be that Noir fic she wrote some
          time ago... that was THE noir fic! read it 3 times
          already and still luving it!

          Message 4 of 17 , May 27, 2002
            >From: Seravy~ <distorted_souls@...>

            > > "I'm in awe of Erica."
            > > Aren't we all? Erica fans, unite!

            >YEP! for me, it would be that Noir fic she wrote some
            >time ago... that was THE noir fic! read it 3 times
            >already and still luving it!

            I'm really glad you like it that much. :-)

          • stirling_9
            Message 5 of 17 , May 27, 2002
              --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
              > >From: Seravy~ <distorted_souls@y...>
              >
              > > > "I'm in awe of Erica."
              > > > Aren't we all? Erica fans, unite!

              She's too cute! ^^ Finally! She's caved!!!
              XD
              P!
            • Drew Torrens
              Message 6 of 17 , May 28, 2002
                From: "Seravy~" <distorted_souls@...>
                Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Read or Die

                > YEP! for me, it would be that Noir fic she wrote some
                > time ago... that was THE noir fic! read it 3 times
                > already and still luving it!

                She was in the process of writing something on Kekko Kammen in the hotel
                room on Sunday, I think... I heard the words "bosom", "homework", and
                "punishment" so that HAD to be it ;-)

                ANYWAY, I really like Erica too, but it's more because I have a great deal
                of respect for how blunt she is. I think the world would be a better place
                if more people could do that ;-)

                TTFN,
                Drew
              • Drew Torrens
                Message 7 of 17 , May 28, 2002
                  From: "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@...>

                  Wow, Erica! You're getting famous!

                  Hugs and such,
                  Drew
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 28, 2002
                    >From: "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@...>

                    >She was in the process of writing something on Kekko Kammen in the hotel
                    >room on Sunday, I think... I heard the words "bosom", "homework", and
                    >"punishment" so that HAD to be it ;-)

                    Yes, this will not be a nice fic. LOL And why on earth would a spellcheck
                    have "bosoms" but not "bosom?" Bosoms is soooo retro.

                    >ANYWAY, I really like Erica too, but it's more because I have a great deal
                    >of respect for how blunt she is. I think the world would be a better place
                    >if more people could do that ;-)

                    Well, things would move faster, anyway. And I like you too, Drew, despite
                    the fact that you are not even a little evil. :-)

                    I'm blunt because I don't have time to waste. I only have one life and
                    there's alot of things I need to do - even if that thing is to take a nap or
                    spend 10 minutes in my room by myself.

                    I'm also blunt because where I live, we're all blunt and I'm used to it. And
                    because I need to train people to not assume that other people care about
                    their problems. It's not healthy to assume that, I think. One should care
                    deeply about the things that one cares deeply about, and not take on burdens
                    that aren't one's to carry.

                    And, of course, I'm a curmudgeon and a bitch. :-)

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 28, 2002
                      >From: "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@...>

                      >Wow, Erica! You're getting famous!

                      Not really - this was a joke by a friend who thought he was being clever. So
                      I told a few freinds and they joined, just to tweak him. LOL Now Pattie
                      manages it and I keep busting her that she should recruit my "fans."

                      But everytime people join, I bust Joao, who started it, just because I can.
                      :-)

                      And one day, when I'm famous <coughhackgag> as a lesbian writer (because
                      that part's already happened. I'm not a fanfic writer, I'm a *lesbian*
                      fanfic writer, you can all say that you knew me when I was a nobody. :-)

                    • Menagi Starnigh
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 28, 2002

                        >From: "Erica Friedman"

                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Read or Die
                        >Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:50:30 -0400
                        >
                        > >From: "Drew Torrens"

                        > >Wow, Erica! You're getting famous!
                        > >

                        >Not really - this was a joke by a friend who thought he was being clever. So
                        >I told a few freinds and they joined, just to tweak him. LOL Now Pattie
                        >manages it and I keep busting her that she should recruit my "fans."
                        >
                        >But everytime people join, I bust Joao, who started it, just because I can.
                        >:-)
                        >
                        >And one day, when I'm famous as a lesbian writer (because
                        >that part's already happened. I'm not a fanfic writer, I'm a *lesbian*
                        >fanfic writer, you can all say that you knew me when I was a nobody. :-)

                        *coughsnickersnickercoughcoughchoke* Umm yeah right.

                      • Shannon J. L.
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 28, 2003
                          Just noticed this up on Erica's Worldshaking site!

                          Opening Gambit, By Sean Gaffney and Erica Friedman

                          http://www.worldshaking.net/gambit.htm

                          This is very cool, but you need to have watched Read or Die the OVAs
                          to get it...

                          Shane :)
                        • Lupine Aura
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 7, 2005
                            Okay, I finally want to see Read or Die, but I am a bit confused. Is there one TV season and three OVAs? Is that correct? In what order should I watch them?

                            Thank you!
                            Lupine
                          • Chris Davies
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 7, 2005
                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Lupine Aura <LupineAura@g...> wrote:

                              > Okay, I finally want to see Read or Die, but I am a bit confused. Is
                              there
                              > one TV season and three OVAs? Is that correct? In what order should I
                              watch
                              > them?

                              There is an OVA series with three parts, and a TV series that is its
                              sequel.

                              Chris Davies.
                            • Chikane Himemiya
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 7, 2005
                                I donno of two other movies, but the first movie and then watch the Series.....The series ties into the movie....It's four years later from the movie....

                                Lupine Aura <LupineAura@...> wrote:
                                Okay, I finally want to see Read or Die, but I am a bit confused. Is there one TV season and three OVAs? Is that correct? In what order should I watch them?

                                Thank you!
                                Lupine

                                "Should I smile because you're a friend, or cry cause that's all you'll ever be?"
                                Shay/Rumiel

                                Yahoo! for Good
                              • Lupine Aura
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 7, 2005
                                  Thanks!

                                  On 10/7/05, Chikane Himemiya <chikane_himiko@...> wrote:
                                  I donno of two other movies, but the first movie and then watch the Series.....The series ties into the movie....It's four years later from the movie....

                                  Lupine Aura <LupineAura@...> wrote:
                                  Okay, I finally want to see Read or Die, but I am a bit confused. Is there one TV season and three OVAs? Is that correct? In what order should I watch them?

                                  Thank you!
                                  Lupine

                                  "Should I smile because you're a friend, or cry cause that's all you'll ever be?"
                                  Shay/Rumiel

                                  Yahoo! for Good

                                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                • Chikane Himemiya

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 7, 2005
                                      The three OVAs are first, then the series chronologicaly.

                                      Blaine