Re: [Yuricon] Digest Number 299

  • Lord Rees
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2002

      >Candian doesn't really have an age of consent for gays and lesbians what
      >they did was kind of odd because they didn't want it to look like they were
      >targeting gays. Here is how it works out here.
      >
      >Age 14 oral
      >Age 16 virginal (they mean full male-female intercourse with this one)
      >Age 18 anal
      >
      >How is that for odd.
      >
      >There is your useless Canadian information of the day.
      >
      >jaa ne
      >
      >Kat

      It is a much better system than the united states has, where anything other
      than 'male dominate/female submissive missionary style' is obscene,
      illegal, immoral etc etc etc.

      It is up to each person to determine who, what and why they are. Not
      societies and certainly never a religious or political group.

      Veterian, Special Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Forces.

      2002 - 1951.
    • Royi Eltink
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        > >Age 14 oral
        > >Age 16 virginal (they
        mean full male-female intercourse with this one)
        > >Age 18 anal
        > >
        > >How is that for odd.
        > >
        > >There is your
        useless Canadian information of the day.

        > >jaa ne
        > >
        > >Kat
        >

        > It is a much better
        system than the united states has, where anything other
        > than 'male
        dominate/female submissive missionary style' is obscene,
        > illegal,
        immoral etc etc etc.

        Hmm, a whole different world than here. The minimal age for having sex is officially 16 here.
        And 'officially' means in this case that there was actually never someone arrested for it.. it only plays up when the age differences are too large (10-20 yrs older for example)..

        What a large world this is...

        Ro'
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2002
          >From: Lord Rees <lordrees@...>
          >

          >It is a much better system than the united states has, where anything other
          >than 'male dominate/female submissive missionary style' is obscene,
          >illegal, immoral etc etc etc.

          That's not entirely true. Every state has a completely different set of
          criteria and ages for age of consent - and age of consent about different
          things...for instance, in New jersey, my beloved home state, age of consent
          is 16 - that is, a 16 can legally have sex with *another minor.* Until a
          person is 18, they are a minor, and any adult who has sex with a minor is
          commiting de facto sexual assault. Which is not to say that they can't
          legally get married - of course they can, because age of consent is 16. LOL
          Really.

          NJ does not discriminate against homosexual sex, or anal or oral
          intercourse.

          There is no sodomy law and no laws about anything other than *public*
          lewdness, which I firmly believe in. I nore more want to watch a guy being
          sucked off by a girl than a guy and I find public sex truly awful in pretty
          much all forms. Then again, you'd never find me at the nudist beach, either,
          so it's obviously me. LOL

          Anywa, while a person can have sex indiscrimately, buy porn, get drafted or
          vote at 18, in NJ a person must be 21 to buy alcohol or consume it
          publically.

          In other states, age of consent is as low as 14 and as high as 18 - it
          entirely depends on the state.

        • dookychan
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2002
            > NJ does not discriminate against homosexual sex, or anal or oral
            > intercourse.

            Another weird thing I just remembered about British law... anal sex
            is legal between men, but technically illegal between a man and a
            woman. I think it's just one of those old laws they never got around
            to repealing. Between two women? Well, as I said, lesbians don't
            legally exist here, so you'd probably be okay ^_^

            This conversation is getting decidedly odd.

            dooky
          • jqdreamweaver
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2002
              > Anywa, while a person can have sex indiscrimately, buy porn, get
              drafted or
              > vote at 18, in NJ a person must be 21 to buy alcohol or consume it
              > publically.
              >
              > In other states, age of consent is as low as 14 and as high as 18 -
              it
              > entirely depends on the state.

              *smirks* The alcohol law is the same in Louisiana, but being that
              most of us are French-Cajun, we've been drinking it since we were
              kids anyway. Heck, high schools have this prom oath that goes
              something like, "I promise not to consume alcohol and drive or get in
              a vehicle with a driver who has been drinking." O.o See?! They don't
              even bother asking us not to DRINK! They just don't want us to drink
              and DRIVE at the same time. (Duh! That's why we hire limos!!)

              The age of consent laws are...unusual for ANY state. Any minor who
              has sex with another minor cannot be prosecuted for statutory rape. A
              minor is 16 and under. 17 is the middle ground: a 17-yr-old can
              legally be arrested as an adult, but can have sex with either minors
              or adults. An adult- 18 and up -can have sex with someone 17 or
              older. If someone 18 sleeps with someone 16 and the parents find out
              and press charges, the 18-yr-old can be arrested on the grounds of
              statutory rape.

              Last I checked, age of marriage was 16.
              Oral sex is illegal in Louisiana, but is encouraged when brought up
              against premarital sex.
              Louisiana laws say that you can legally marry your third cousin.

              Same-sex marriages are not allowed in Louisiana, but they are not
              considered a crime. To point, they are simply 'not done.' This is the
              Southern Baptist Union's heartland. Homosexuality and bisexuality are
              amoral and are therefore considered a moot point- you don't do it, we
              don't shun you. In fact, the only time LA shied away from the S.B.U.
              was when they boycotted Disney. In the words of a fellow
              classmate, "Disney made Mickey Mouse. No one disputes the Mouse."

              Sorry if this was a bit longwinded. Later!

              ~Jenny
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2002
                >From: "jqdreamweaver" <jqdreamweaver29@...>

                >Louisiana laws say that you can legally marry your third cousin.

                That's pretty typical, actually. By third cousin you're barely blood
                related. i bet that in Nj we wouldn't blink at that. second cousins is a
                *bit* stickier and I have no idea where my beloved state stands on it -
                frankly, i can't see me finding out, either. I'm pretty sure first cousins
                isn't illegal, but isn't recommended as a way of genetic planning, either.
                ;-)

              • distantskyking
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1, 2002
                  --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                  > That's pretty typical, actually. By third cousin you're barely
                  blood
                  > related. i bet that in Nj we wouldn't blink at that. second cousins
                  is a
                  > *bit* stickier and I have no idea where my beloved state stands on
                  it -
                  > frankly, i can't see me finding out, either. I'm pretty sure first
                  cousins
                  > isn't illegal, but isn't recommended as a way of genetic planning,
                  either.

                  Actually, a new study shows one can breed with one's cousin with only
                  about a 2% more likelihood of birth defects or mental retardation!
                  It's more socially unacceptable than scientifically.

                  Vera
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2002
                    >From: "distantskyking" <distantskyking@...>

                    >Actually, a new study shows one can breed with one's cousin with only
                    >about a 2% more likelihood of birth defects or mental retardation!
                    >It's more socially unacceptable than scientifically.

                    If you saw my cousins, it'd be more than socially unacceptable - it would be
                    frightening. LOL