Fanime meeting

  • kage shinrou
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 19 1:32 PM
      Well, Fanime is next weekend and it looks like most of us will be there
      Saturday. So, I was thinking, we could meet either at the Fanfic panel or
      the Ikuhara panel. The fanfic panel starts at 10AM, and Ikuhara starts at
      11AM.

      I'll be hanging out with a punk Utena. And I'll be running around the rest
      of the con with a camera and a sign that reads "Luke, wish you were here!"
      Again, for those of you who swing by the swap meet on friday and show ALC
      swag to me(the card girl) you get your choice of some cards from my
      collection.

      kage-kun
      "ookami wa ookami"

    • tasukibeth@cs.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 19 3:03 PM
        "kage shinrou" <nineofnine@...> wrote:

        > Well, Fanime is next weekend and it looks like most of us will be there
        >Saturday.nbsp; So, I was thinking, we could meet either at the Fanfic panel or
        >the Ikuhara panel.nbsp; The fanfic panel starts at 10AM, and Ikuhara starts at 11AM.

        Hi Fanime ladies (and any guys if they are here and going)!!!!

        Friday night I will stop by the swap meet wearing my "Uke" shirt, and you can find me at the Con on Saturday, dressed as the admittedly un-yuri Juuhachi-Gou (aka Android 18) from DBZ. Say hello if you see me ^__^

        Beth

        www.stormpages.com/tasukibeth/index.html
      • distantskyking
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 19 4:30 PM
          --- In Yuricon@y..., "kage shinrou" <nineofnine@h...> wrote:
          > Well, Fanime is next weekend and it looks like most of us will be
          there
          > Saturday. So, I was thinking, we could meet either at the Fanfic
          panel or
          > the Ikuhara panel. The fanfic panel starts at 10AM, and Ikuhara
          starts at
          > 11AM.
          >
          > I'll be hanging out with a punk Utena. And I'll be running around
          the rest
          > of the con with a camera and a sign that reads "Luke, wish you were
          here!"
          > Again, for those of you who swing by the swap meet on friday and
          show ALC
          > swag to me(the card girl) you get your choice of some cards from my
          > collection.

          Ikuhara's coming this year? Rad. Though maybe I shouldn't dress
          like Asuka like I did the year he hit on me at Otakon. :P

          Eh, screw it. See y'all there (with nodes on, no less!).

          Vera
        • mugenharuka
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 21 1:01 PM
            Hey Gang,

            I'm sorry, but I won't be at Fanime; I would have loved to meet
            everyone, but my next weekend is just too busy (as is the week that
            preceeds it).

            Damn! I even have tickets ... Oh well, I guess there's always Expo.

            Wishing everyone the most fun possible,
            MugenH

            (And please, *please* please take some pictures for me!)

            --- In Yuricon@y..., "kage shinrou" <nineofnine@h...> wrote:
            > Well, Fanime is next weekend and it looks like most of us will be
            there
            > Saturday. So, I was thinking, we could meet either at the Fanfic
            panel or
            > the Ikuhara panel. The fanfic panel starts at 10AM, and Ikuhara
            starts at
            > 11AM.
            >
            > I'll be hanging out with a punk Utena. And I'll be running around
            the rest
            > of the con with a camera and a sign that reads "Luke, wish you
            were here!"
            > Again, for those of you who swing by the swap meet on friday and
            show ALC
            > swag to me(the card girl) you get your choice of some cards from
            my
            > collection.
            >
            > kage-kun
            > "ookami wa ookami"

          • mugenharuka
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 21 1:01 PM
              --- In Yuricon@y..., "kage shinrou" <nineofnine@h...> wrote:
              > Well, Fanime is next weekend and it looks like most of us will be
              there
              > Saturday. So, I was thinking, we could meet either at the Fanfic
              panel or
              > the Ikuhara panel. The fanfic panel starts at 10AM, and Ikuhara
              starts at
              > 11AM.
              >
              > I'll be hanging out with a punk Utena. And I'll be running around
              the rest
              > of the con with a camera and a sign that reads "Luke, wish you
              were here!"
              > Again, for those of you who swing by the swap meet on friday and
              show ALC
              > swag to me(the card girl) you get your choice of some cards from
              my
              > collection.
              >
              > kage-kun
              > "ookami wa ookami"

            • mugenharuka
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 21 1:02 PM

              • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 22 2:35 PM
                  Well, Fanime is next weekend and it looks like most of us will be
                  >there
                  >> Saturday.  So, I was thinking, we could meet either at the Fanfic
                  >panel or
                  >> the Ikuhara panel.  The fanfic panel starts at 10AM, and Ikuhara
                  >starts at
                  >> 11AM.
                  >>
                  >> I'll be hanging out with a punk Utena.  And I'll be running around
                  >the rest
                  >> of the con with a camera and a sign that reads "Luke, wish you were
                  >here!"
                  >> Again, for those of you who swing by the swap meet on friday and
                  >show ALC
                  >> swag to me(the card girl) you get your choice of some cards from my
                  >> collection.
                  >
                  >Ikuhara's coming this year?  Rad.  Though maybe I shouldn't dress
                  >like Asuka like I did the year he hit on me at Otakon.  :P
                  >
                  >Eh, screw it.  See y'all there (with nodes on, no less!).
                  >
                  >Vera

                  Heh, Ikuhara hit on a woman? ;p And here I thought he was totally gay...

                  Must have been the clothes =^.^=

                  Kun
                  ---'-,-{@
                • distantskyking
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 22 3:21 PM
                    --- In Yuricon@y..., Trixterpriest@a... wrote:
                    > Heh, Ikuhara hit on a woman? ;p And here I thought he was totally
                    gay...

                    Surprised me, too. I figure he's just one of those guys with too
                    many hormones for one gender. ;)

                    Vera
                  • Minionmancer@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29 10:48 AM
                      Hello! *pops out of lurk-space!*

                      <--- In Yuricon@y..., Trixterpriest@a... wrote:
                      > Heh, Ikuhara hit on a woman? ;p And here I thought he was totally gay...

                      <Surprised me, too. I figure he's just one of those guys with <too many hormones for one gender. ;)

                      Yes, Ikuhara does like women. I have a grudge against him after he shamelessly hit on the object of my desire!! She was oh so very offended. On a funnier (?) note, one of my friends suggested that the only way I can get said girl to notice me is to find a magical transformation brooch to turn me into Megumi Ogata!

                      Kalen: Hi Kalen! I know one other person with that name. I doubt you're the same person though. Is Kalen the name of a character, or simply a very uncommon name?

                      Maya/Ritsuko: A couple of months ago I found a nice piece on fanfiction.net. It wasn't angsty, and very short (only about three pages long). I can't remember the title though, I'll look for it when I get the chance.
                      Speaking of Maya, I once found a mini-figure of her in Chinatown and foolishly didn't buy it. It was part of a 3-pack including Kaworu in his plug suit and Rei with Toast. I've never seen it again, and I have been kicking myself since <:( Maya would have looked so cute sitting on my computer monitor...

                      Ta! Ta!

                      *searching for Megumi Ogata transformation brooch in an obscure Chinatown shop*
                    • distantskyking
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 29 11:02 AM
                        --- In Yuricon@y..., Minionmancer@a... wrote:
                        > <--- In Yuricon@y..., Trixterpriest@a... wrote:
                        > > Heh, Ikuhara hit on a woman? ;p And here I thought he was totally
                        gay...

                        > <Surprised me, too. I figure he's just one of those guys with <too
                        many hormones for one gender. ;)

                        > Yes, Ikuhara does like women. I have a grudge against him after
                        he shamelessly hit on the object of my desire!! She was oh so very
                        offended.

                        Eh heh heh. If you'd mentioned it earlier I would've sought him out
                        at the con and pulled an Inigo Montoya and avenged our honor! Sadly
                        (happily?), I didn't see him all con. I think he literally showed up
                        for his panel on Saturday morning and was off like a prom dress.

                        Vera
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 29 11:10 AM
                          From: Minionmancer@...

                          >On a funnier (?) note, one of my friends suggested that the only way I >
                          >can get said girl to notice me is to find a magical transformation > brooch
                          >to turn me into Megumi Ogata!

                          I can only speak for myself when I say, yeah, that would get *my* attention.
                          LOL

                          If she's that nuts over MO, I'd probably like her alot. LOL

                          > *searching for Megumi Ogata transformation brooch in an obscure Chinatown
                          >shop*

                          If you find one, but me one, too.... LOL

                        • kage shinrou
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 30 10:16 PM
                            >From: "distantskyking" <distantskyking@...>

                            >Eh heh heh. If you'd mentioned it earlier I would've sought him out
                            >at the con and pulled an Inigo Montoya and avenged our honor! Sadly
                            >(happily?), I didn't see him all con. I think he literally showed up
                            >for his panel on Saturday morning and was off like a prom dress.

                            Actually, he was there all weekend. I got to dance with him a little at the
                            Friday night dance. He went low key this year, so if you were looking for
                            an outrageously dressed guy, you would have missed him. He spent most of
                            Saturday afternoon chatting with a Wakaba cosplayer in the sitting area
                            upstairs. Sunday he wasn't around much.

                            By the by, 6 rolls of film, I should have them posted in a couple weeks, so
                            you can see all the cosplayers.

                            kage-kun
                            "ookami wa ookami

                            P.S. sorry about any double posts, Yahoo kept giving me error messages

                          • distantskyking
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 1, 2002
                              --- In Yuricon@y..., "kage shinrou" <nineofnine@h...> wrote:
                              > Actually, he was there all weekend. I got to dance with him a
                              little at the
                              > Friday night dance. He went low key this year, so if you were
                              looking for
                              > an outrageously dressed guy, you would have missed him. He spent
                              most of
                              > Saturday afternoon chatting with a Wakaba cosplayer in the sitting
                              area
                              > upstairs. Sunday he wasn't around much.

                              Well, damn him to <insert preferred religious punishment here>. I
                              wasn't looking for the clothes more than I was looking for the hair.
                              At Otakon a couple years back he was pretty casually dressed, too:
                              Hawaiian shirt, wifebeater, and cargo pants. Ah well.

                              Vera