Re: When was Noir released?

  • mugenharuka
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 2, 2002
      --- In Yuricon@y..., Seravy <distorted_souls@y...> wrote:

      > which series is sakura kinomoto from?

      Sakura Kinomoto is from Cardcaptor Sakura.

      And that small reply marks the return of *MugenH* to the Yuricon
      List! She's been missing for a month, but with good reason ~ ^_-

      <fanfare sounds!>

      And I agree with all that's been said about Kirika. Ayanami, Key,
      and Lobotomy Sakura all describe her prescence very accurately.
      Also, throw in a little bit of Lain and John Woo, and blend for 30
      seconds.

      I was lucky enough to be introduced to that fantastic series by a
      pretty wonderful house guest ... and now I listen to the soundtrack
      damn near all the time. <sings in Latin>

      Toodle-pip
      The Remarkable
      MugenH

      PS. Dibs on that new girl from the Cowboy Bebop Movie. You know,
      Vincent's Girlfriend. Mine!
    • Seravy
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 2, 2002
        OH! thanks. I just realized that I never knew Sakura's
        given name... ^.^; The dubbed version on T.V. doesn't
        really give this type of info... I should really get
        some sub stuff on CCS...

      • heron-blue Tira
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 2, 2002
          > >Hm... I thought the hair cut made them look kindda
          > >similar.
          >
          > Yeah? I don't see it. To me, Kirika looks more like
          > a really emotionally
          > drained Sakura Kinomoto. LOL

          That's an interesting mental image... Sakura growing
          up to be an amnesiac lesbian assassin. Wouldn't
          Tomoyo be surprised. ;)

          I didn't see any resemblance to Ayunami either.
          Kirika's more human than Rei ever is.

          Is it the same person who did the character designs
          for "Bubblegum Crisis 2040" and "Noir"? Something
          about the eyes...

          Lost as usual,

          ~~Tira

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 2, 2002
            >From: "Sean Gaffney" <sean@...>

            >Oh, Noir f/f site of the day:
            >
            >http://www.sagisou.sakura.ne.jp/~la/frame.htm

            Many thanks for this. :-)

            Les Deux Vierges, the Noir artbook is out, too...I've got an eye out for a
            good deal on this. I want.

            >--who rejoined the list now that there aren't 100 messages a day anymore.
            >Hi.

            You're forgiven. ;-)

          • the_judy_justice
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 2, 2002
              --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
              > >From: "Sean Gaffney" <sean@t...>
              >
              > >Oh, Noir f/f site of the day:
              > >
              > >http://www.sagisou.sakura.ne.jp/~la/frame.htm
              >
              > Many thanks for this. :-)
              >
              > Les Deux Vierges, the Noir artbook is out, too...I've got an eye
              out for a
              > good deal on this. I want.

              I have it. It's a nice artbook though I would have loved to see more
              sketches... Ahem... I would have loved to see sketches in it... There
              isn't any actually.
              But it's neat that there is some passages written in french...
              Although most of it is broken. ^_^'

              And since I've learn a new word/concept...

              Dibs on Chloé! ^_-

              Before MugenH. does it and I don't get the chance to make her mine.

              -judy
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 3, 2002
                >From: "the_judy_justice" <the_judy_justice@...>

                >I have it.

                I'm jealous. :-)

                It's a nice artbook though I would have loved to see more
                >sketches... Ahem... I would have loved to see sketches in it... There
                >isn't any actually.

                It's a "cel art" book, if I remember correctly.

                >But it's neat that there is some passages written in french...
                >Although most of it is broken. ^_^'

                Finally! Proof that Japanese anime fractures other languages, too- phew. :-)

                >And since I've learn a new word/concept...
                >
                >Dibs on Chlo�! ^_-

                LOL

                >Before MugenH. does it and I don't get the chance to make her mine.

                You can always share, right? *g*

                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 3, 2002
                  From: "gaffneys_99" <sean@...>
                  > Personally, I think they went back to Paris, had a
                  >long chat about assassination work and their future plans, then gave
                  >in to the forbidden passion they had denied themselves so long during
                  >the series. ^_-

                  I'm with you! LOL

                • PhoenixStar15@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 3, 2002
                    <<>But it's neat that there is some passages written in french...
                    >Although most of it is broken. ^_^'

                    Finally! Proof that Japanese anime fractures other languages, too- phew. :-)>>

                    Actually, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, is shown in french as "La Fillette
                    Revolutionaire" when really it should just be fille. Or is "fillette" a new
                    french thing that my french book didn't teach me about? The worksheets did
                    still have east and west germany on them after all.

                    meghan
                    the one engaged

                    "I miss your purple hair
                    I miss the way you taste"

                    deadjournal: edens_echo
                  • Sean Gaffney
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 3, 2002
                      > Actually, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, is shown in french as "La Fillette
                      > Revolutionaire" when really it should just be fille. Or is "fillette" a new
                      > french thing that my french book didn't teach me about? The worksheets did
                      > still have east and west germany on them after all.

                      'Fillette' is what they want to do to Utena with the swords. :-D

                      --SG
                    • distantskyking
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 3, 2002
                        --- In Yuricon@y..., PhoenixStar15@a... wrote:
                        > Actually, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, is shown in french as "La Fillette
                        > Revolutionaire" when really it should just be fille. Or
                        is "fillette" a new
                        > french thing that my french book didn't teach me about? The
                        worksheets did
                        > still have east and west germany on them after all.

                        Yeah, it should be "fille." I could go out on a limb and say they
                        probably just thought "fillette" wasn't girly enough, but I'm pretty
                        sure they just screwed it up. ^^;

                        Vera
                      • the_judy_justice
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 3, 2002
                          --- In Yuricon@y..., "distantskyking" <distantskyking@y...> wrote:
                          > --- In Yuricon@y..., PhoenixStar15@a... wrote:
                          > > Actually, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, is shown in french as "La
                          Fillette
                          > > Revolutionaire" when really it should just be fille. Or
                          > is "fillette" a new
                          > > french thing that my french book didn't teach me about? The
                          > worksheets did
                          > > still have east and west germany on them after all.
                          >
                          > Yeah, it should be "fille." I could go out on a limb and say they
                          > probably just thought "fillette" wasn't girly enough, but I'm
                          pretty
                          > sure they just screwed it up. ^^;
                          >
                          > Vera

                          I think 'Fillette' is just perfectly fine. I mean, this word is used
                          for young girls or to emphasize a pueril meaning. My guess is that
                          it's heavily related to Utena's pure heart/nobility.
                          I like it very much.
                          It's a word that highlights the contrast between her goal and who she
                          is. Just a girl... with a revolution to accomplish.

                          But then again, this is only my poor opinion.

                          -Judy
                        • mugenharuka
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002
                            --- In Yuricon@y..., "Jennifer McKaskle" <jqdreamweaver29@h...> wrote:
                            > *reads over the messages missed while floating through the mists in
                            > Lurkerland, eyes bulging at the topic*
                            > Ummm.....I've gathered a lot of information about this Noir from
                            what I've
                            > read, but...well, being the anime-illiterate that I am (it's not my
                            fault!
                            > it's the TV stations!), I have to ask: What the heck?! First off,
                            where are
                            > you guys to have seen this on TV (besides Japan), and who, *WHO*,
                            is Chloe?!

                            Hey-hey-hoo, Jenny

                            NOIR is, as you know, a series that broadcast in Japan through last
                            fall. Most of us have seen it either Fansubbed (meaning distributed
                            without profit, subtitled by fans) via VHS or DIVX (meaning running
                            on our PCs). It hasn't been broadcast on Television anywhere but
                            Japan to my knowledge.

                            If you want to see the show, I would recommend DIVX. If you don't
                            have a huge broadband connection, then get someone to copy it onto CD
                            and send it to you.

                            And Chloe is a hot assasin from the show, but if I go any further
                            into detail, I'll end up giving something away. So, that's all I can
                            offer you. She's the one with Purple hair.

                            Any other questions?
                            Toodle-pip
                            MugenH.
                          • Judy Justice
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002

                              --- In Yuricon@y..., "mugenharuka" <mugenharuka@y...> wrote:

                              > --- In Yuricon@y..., "Jennifer McKaskle" <jqdreamweaver29@h...> wrote:
                              > > *reads over the messages missed while floating through the mists in
                              > > Lurkerland, eyes bulging at the topic*
                              > > Ummm.....I've gathered a lot of information about this Noir from
                              > what I've
                              > > read, but...well, being the anime-illiterate that I am (it's not my
                              > fault!
                              > > it's the TV stations!), I have to ask: What the heck?! First off,
                              > where are
                              > > you guys to have seen this on TV (besides Japan), and who, *WHO*,
                              > is Chloe?!
                              >
                              > Hey-hey-hoo, Jenny
                              >
                              > NOIR is, as you know, a series that broadcast in Japan through last
                              > fall.  Most of us have seen it either Fansubbed (meaning distributed
                              > without profit, subtitled by fans) via VHS or DIVX (meaning running
                              > on our PCs).  It hasn't been broadcast on Television anywhere but
                              > Japan to my knowledge.
                              >
                              > If you want to see the show, I would recommend DIVX.  If you don't
                              > have a huge broadband connection, then get someone to copy it onto CD
                              > and send it to you.
                              >
                              > And Chloe is a hot assasin from the show, but if I go any further
                              > into detail, I'll end up giving something away.  So, that's all I can
                              > offer you.  She's the one with Purple hair.
                              >
                              > Any other questions?
                              > Toodle-pip
                              > MugenH.

                              I thought that this neat summary (thanks a lot MugenH.) desserved a neat picture. So does the neat character aforementioned.

                              So, there it is.

                              Ladies,

                              Gentlemen,

                              For your viewing pleasure...

                              Here's Chlo� (Clo�)...

                              But remember... She's mine.

                              -Judy

                              Ps to Erica: No, I won't share Chlo�.

                              Do You Yahoo!?
                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002
                                >From: Judy Justice <the_judy_justice@...>

                                >Ps to Erica: No, I won't share Chlo�.

                                You can have her - she does nothing for me. I've always disliked the color
                                combination of purple and green. :)

                                I found early the perfect anime character for me, thanks to Sparkle - Erika
                                (although that would present dificulties...it would become awkward and
                                irritating to have the same name) from Ep. 2 of Hyper Dolls. She's evil, the
                                way I like 'em, she's blonde, in black leather, rides a motorcycle and has
                                Ogata Megumi as a voice. That makes her nearly perfect, except she's a
                                cartoon and all. *g*

                                Cheers,

                                Erica (who really does prefer blondes...especially blondes with pink
                                ponytails. *g*)

                              • jqdreamweaver
                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002
                                  --- In Yuricon@y..., "mugenharuka" <mugenharuka@y...> wrote:
                                  > Hey-hey-hoo, Jenny
                                  >
                                  > NOIR is, as you know, a series that broadcast in Japan through last
                                  > fall. Most of us have seen it either Fansubbed (meaning
                                  distributed
                                  > without profit, subtitled by fans) via VHS or DIVX (meaning running
                                  > on our PCs). It hasn't been broadcast on Television anywhere but
                                  > Japan to my knowledge.

                                  Ah. I gotcha now.

                                  > If you want to see the show, I would recommend DIVX. If you don't
                                  > have a huge broadband connection, then get someone to copy it onto
                                  CD
                                  > and send it to you.

                                  I have a DivX player, but I don't know where to download anything
                                  from. Where can I find Noir?

                                  > And Chloe is a hot assasin from the show, but if I go any further
                                  > into detail, I'll end up giving something away. So, that's all I
                                  can
                                  > offer you. She's the one with Purple hair.
                                  >
                                  > Any other questions?
                                  > Toodle-pip
                                  > MugenH.

                                  Nothing else!! Gracias!! *how does one say 'thank you' in Japanese?*

                                  ~Jenny Mac
                                  ---------------------------------
                                  "Electronic games don't affect the youth. If Pacman affected us, we'd
                                  all be jumping around in dark rooms, wearing glow-in-the-dark
                                  clothing, eating magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic
                                  beeping."
                                • jqdreamweaver
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002
                                    --- In Yuricon@y..., Judy Justice <the_judy_justice@y...> wrote:

                                    > I thought that this neat summary (thanks a lot MugenH.) desserved a
                                    neat picture. So does the neat character aforementioned.

                                    > So, there it is.
                                    >
                                    > Ladies,
                                    >
                                    > Gentlemen,
                                    >
                                    > For your viewing pleasure...
                                    >
                                    > Here's Chloé (Cloé)...
                                    >
                                    > But remember... She's mine.
                                    >
                                    > -Judy
                                    >
                                    > Ps to Erica: No, I won't share Chloé.

                                    *drool* Well, no wonder everyone's talking about Chloe!!!

                                    ~Jenny Mac *too busy wiping off her desk to put in her new ending*
                                  • Jennifer McKaskle
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002
                                      *reads over the messages missed while floating through the mists in
                                      Lurkerland, eyes bulging at the topic*
                                      Ummm.....I've gathered a lot of information about this Noir from what I've
                                      read, but...well, being the anime-illiterate that I am (it's not my fault!
                                      it's the TV stations!), I have to ask: What the heck?! First off, where are
                                      you guys to have seen this on TV (besides Japan), and who, *WHO*, is Chloe?!

                                      K, that's it for now. *grin* I know, I have problems, right? Byefornow!!

                                      ~Jenny Mac

                                      --------------------------
                                      "Electronic games don't affect the youth. If Pacman affected us, we'd all be
                                      jumping around under glow-in-dark lights, eating magic pills, and listening

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 4, 2002
                                        > > If you want to see the show, I would recommend
                                        > DIVX. If you don't
                                        > > have a huge broadband connection, then get someone
                                        > to copy it onto
                                        > CD
                                        > > and send it to you.
                                        >
                                        > I have a DivX player, but I don't know where to
                                        > download anything
                                        > from. Where can I find Noir?

                                        If you go to Noir fansites from anipike, you can find
                                        pretty explicit directions on how to get episodes via
                                        ftp or programs like morpheus or edonkey.

                                        > Nothing else!! Gracias!! *how does one say 'thank
                                        > you' in Japanese?*

                                        arigatou gozaimasu... or arigatou gozaimashita

                                        ~~Tira

                                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                                      • Lucy Kennedy
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Apr 5, 2002
                                          the_judy_justice wrote:

                                          > --- In Yuricon@y..., "distantskyking" <distantskyking@y...> wrote:
                                          > > Yeah, it should be "fille." I could go out on a limb and say they
                                          > > probably just thought "fillette" wasn't girly enough, but I'm
                                          > > pretty sure they just screwed it up. ^^;
                                          >
                                          > I think 'Fillette' is just perfectly fine. I mean, this word is used
                                          > for young girls or to emphasize a pueril meaning. My guess is that
                                          > it's heavily related to Utena's pure heart/nobility.
                                          > I like it very much.
                                          > It's a word that highlights the contrast between her goal and who she
                                          > is. Just a girl... with a revolution to accomplish.

                                          *nod* It makes sense to me that way too. For what it's
                                          worth, my French dictionary gives 'fille - girl, daughter'
                                          and 'fillette - (little) girl'. It does seem to emphasise,
                                          as you said, youth, maybe naivete, which seems to
                                          characterse Utena in some ways. But then, I have only seen
                                          1-13, and that a couple of months back now. I need Animesoc
                                          to lend me the Black Rose arc!)

                                          Lucy, repetitititititititititious...

                                          --
                                          Lucy Kennedy * New College, Oxford
                                          http://users.ox.ac.uk/~newc1248/ - evolving home site
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Apr 7, 2002
                                            >> which series is sakura kinomoto from?
                                            >
                                            >Sakura Kinomoto is from Cardcaptor Sakura.
                                            >

                                            >And that small reply marks the return of *MugenH* to the Yuricon
                                            >List!  She's been missing for a month, but with good reason ~ ^_-
                                            >
                                            ><fanfare sounds!>

                                            Welcome back ;)

                                            *does a little MugenH dance*

                                            >PS.  Dibs on that new girl from the Cowboy Bebop Movie.  You know,
                                            >Vincent's Girlfriend.  Mine!

                                            Hey now! You can't have ALL the cute chicks, real or imagined ;p

                                            Kun
                                            ----'-,-{@
                                          • mugenharuka
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 7, 2002
                                              > Welcome back ;)
                                              >
                                              > *does a little MugenH dance*
                                              >
                                              > >PS.  Dibs on that new girl from the Cowboy Bebop Movie.  You
                                              know,
                                              > >Vincent's Girlfriend.  Mine!
                                              > >

                                              > Hey now! You can't have ALL the cute chicks, real or imagined ;p

                                              I don't see any reason why I can't. ^_- They don't seem to mind.

                                              Besides, this Knockin' on Heaven's Door has been out for a while ...
                                              I kinda felt bad for the girl, since no one had dibs-ed her yet.

                                              I mean, I guess you can have her if you like sloppy seconds.

                                              <A very Specific Grin>
                                              MugenH.

                                              > Kun
                                              > ----'-,-{@
                                            • heron-blue Tira
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 7, 2002
                                                I've been playing around with graphics lately, and I
                                                made about 150 anime-related desktop icons, many of
                                                them with images from "Noir". I'm still learning how
                                                to do this, so they're not fantastic, but... for those
                                                of you who like computer goodies, I uploaded them to
                                                the Yuricon group.

                                                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                                              • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 8, 2002
                                                  > Hey now! You can't have ALL the cute chicks, real or imagined ;p

                                                  >I don't see any reason why I can't. ^_- They don't seem to mind.

                                                  >Besides, this Knockin' on Heaven's Door has been out for a while ...
                                                  >I kinda felt bad for the girl, since no one had dibs-ed her yet.

                                                  >I mean, I guess you can have her if you like sloppy seconds.

                                                  >MugenH.

                                                  o.0~

                                                  Well...when you put it that way....

                                                  ;p