Re: [Yuricon] Yuricon Poster 2002

  • pbarkow@is2.dal.ca
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
      On 1 Apr 02, at 19:30, Trixterpriest@... wrote:

      > > Posters are really cheap at $7, which includes the shipping. And just
      > > think... you'll own a piece of our own Kun (if the art itself isn't
      > > incentive enough!)
      > >

      > Own a piece.... o.0~

      The major selling point. ^_^

      "Our bloodthirstiness feeds our righteousness."
      http://is2.dal.ca/~pbarkow/
      Harbinger of Keener-sama
      Vice President DPG
      Official Fashion Consultant and Hentai of the DGML
      Shameless Faith/Buffy shipper.
      Lapsed Discordian
      Head of the Keiko-chanian faction
      Hug Guy
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
        >From: Trixterpriest@...

        >Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of
        >the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant
        >thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p

        The pants are called "Hakama" and are very much like a split shirt - the
        legs are very full.

        The top is called "Montsuki" and consists of an undergarment, in this case a
        "kimono" (as opposed to a "gi" which was basically a kind of undewear that
        wasn't kimono - which means, btw, "a thing one wears,") and a longer, outer
        jacket. And accessories, of course. :-) Montsuki are basically used now as
        formal attire, like for weddings.

        Here's some pics from a Martial (as opposed to Marital) arts site:
        http://www.nosyuiaido.com/prod04.htm

        Hey, I'm not a researcher fur nuthin'. :-)

      • awill
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
          Trixterpriest@... wrote:

          > > Ok, Kun. I need your help to identify the clothing worn
          > > in your poster. I think Mariko is wearing a Gi, but I
          > > can't identify what Midori is wearing. I recognize tabi
          > > socks! Kishi looks like a Laura Croft wannabe. Yuriko...
          > > well, Quake would be proud.
          > >
          > > So divulge already!
          > >
          > > Matta ne,
          > > Byakko Rei
          > >

          > Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
          > Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
          > Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
          > Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p
          >
          > Anyway...I hope that helps...
          >
          > Kun
          > ----'-,-{@
          Byakko scowls darkly. Midori is wearing a kimono, a *hakama* and
          waraji with tabi socks. Those look like wakizashi she is wielding.
          Mariko is hiding but those are neko-te iron 'finger nails' in her
          hands which are used in ninjutsu. Ninjas wear shinobi shozoko which
          are not skin-tight but have lots of pockets for hiding tools and
          weapons. They wear tabi boots. Yes, I did research for my writing!

          Standard army issue uniforms will never include what Kishi is
          wearing, but I like it. Drools, looove Angelina Jolie in that
          outfit! Yuriko can wear whatever she wants too! I'm going for
          the plasma gun ala Quake 3 Arena... model 2002, of course.

          Thanks Kun, squeezes tightly. I know I'm impatient.

          Love, Byakko
        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
            >> > So divulge already!
            >> >
            >> > Matta ne,
            >> > Byakko Rei
            >> >

            >> Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
            >> Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
            >> Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
            >> Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p
            >>
            >> Anyway...I hope that helps...
            >>
            >> Kun
            >> ----'-,-{@
            >Byakko scowls darkly. Midori is wearing a kimono, a *hakama* and
            >waraji with tabi socks. Those look like wakizashi she is wielding.
            >Mariko is hiding but those are neko-te iron 'finger nails' in her
            >hands which are used in ninjutsu. Ninjas wear shinobi shozoko which
            >are not skin-tight but have lots of pockets for hiding tools and
            >weapons. They wear tabi boots. Yes, I did research for my writing!
            >
            >Standard army issue uniforms will never include what Kishi is
            >wearing, but I like it. Drools, looove Angelina Jolie in that
            >outfit! Yuriko can wear whatever she wants too! I'm going for
            >the plasma gun ala Quake 3 Arena... model 2002, of course.
            >
            >Thanks Kun, squeezes tightly. I know I'm impatient.
            >
            >Love, Byakko

            Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=

            Kun
            ----'-,-{@
            *does a little trouble dance*
          • awill
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
              Trixterpriest@... wrote:

              > >> Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
              > >> Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
              > >> Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
              > >> Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p
              > >>
              > >> Anyway...I hope that helps...
              > >>
              > >> Kun
              > >> ----'-,-{@
              > >Byakko scowls darkly. Midori is wearing a kimono, a *hakama* and
              > >waraji with tabi socks. Those look like wakizashi she is wielding.
              > >Mariko is hiding but those are neko-te iron 'finger nails' in her
              > >hands which are used in ninjutsu. Ninjas wear shinobi shozoko which
              > >are not skin-tight but have lots of pockets for hiding tools and
              > >weapons. They wear tabi boots. Yes, I did research for my writing!
              > >
              > >Standard army issue uniforms will never include what Kishi is
              > >wearing, but I like it. Drools, looove Angelina Jolie in that
              > >outfit! Yuriko can wear whatever she wants too! I'm going for
              > >the plasma gun ala Quake 3 Arena... model 2002, of course.
              > >
              > >Thanks Kun, squeezes tightly. I know I'm impatient.
              > >
              > >Love, Byakko
              > >

              > Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=
              >
              > Kun
              > ----'-,-{@
              > *does a little trouble dance*

              I didn't know, but when I didn't have a reply within a day, I
              assumed you were too busy to answer me. I am not ever going to
              just sit on my laurels and wait for someone to reply. Research
              is part of writing... I was just trying to save some of my
              dwindling time.

              Love,
              Byakko
            • Trixterpriest@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                > Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever
                looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=

                > Kun
                > ----'-,-{@
                > *does a little trouble dance*
                >
                >I didn't know, but when I didn't have a reply within a day, I
                assumed you were too busy to answer me. I am not ever going to
                just sit on my laurels and wait for someone to reply. Research
                is part of writing... I was just trying to save some of my
                dwindling time.

                Ooops ;p I forgot that for the last couple of weeks I've barely been online
                much at all =^.^= Just trying to get settled down at least partly :)

                Gomen...?

                Kun
                ----'-,-{@
                *does a little badkun dance*
              • Seravy
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                  If your bank card gets jammed at the bank in that
                  machine thingy and a person comes over and offers
                  help... DO NOT do what that person says. Go find
                  someone who works there or just get your card and
                  leave.

                  The reason your card jams is because that "person"
                  placed a piece of something inside the machine before
                  hand. He or she will then come over and say something
                  like "that happened to me" then ask you to put your
                  pin number in again. When you do that, the person will
                  be looking at your pin number and the something inside
                  the machine will be getting all your information.
                  Before you know it, all your money will be gone with
                  the criminal out of the country.

                  So just watch out, as I don't want to see anybody lose
                  their money to some scum.

                  Music, Movies, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca
                • awill
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                    Trixterpriest@... wrote:

                    > > Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever
                    > looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=
                    > >
                    > > Kun
                    > > ----'-,-{@
                    > > *does a little trouble dance*
                    > >
                    > >I didn't know, but when I didn't have a reply within a day, I
                    > assumed you were too busy to answer me. I am not ever going to
                    > just sit on my laurels and wait for someone to reply. Research
                    > is part of writing... I was just trying to save some of my
                    > dwindling time.
                    >
                    > Ooops ;p I forgot that for the last couple of weeks I've barely been online
                    > much at all =^.^= Just trying to get settled down at least partly :)

                    Settled down?! Did I miss something?

                    > Gomen...?

                    No need for 'sorry'. I'm just wound tightly and paranoid.
                    Um... does a sheepish little paranoia shuffle.

                    I still luv ya!
                    Byakko