Re: [Yuricon] Sakuyamon is so cool (mega-geekness)

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
      >From: "Jennifer McKaskle" <jqdreamweaver29@...>

      >(Sleeping has become more and more important.)

      I completely understand that! LOL

      So I find myself rather
      >curious at this merging process. What exactly were the circumstances
      >surrounding the merge?

      Same as always - there's a major fight and only by merging can teveryone be
      saved. In this case Rika and Renamon through themselves into Chaos to
      protect everyone else.

      And (because I'm anxious to know) what happened to
      >the bunny the little girl became the tamer of? (The girl that is Henry's
      >sister....I really should learn their names.)

      Suzy, sadly. I don't know her Japanese name. I haven't a clue, because I
      only half watch when it's not about Rika. LOL

      Finally, Jeri and Rika...I
      >hope I'm not shunned for saying this, but Jeri is a dramatic girl. She
      >worries equally over all the kids of the group. The only person she's been
      >truly affectionate towards is Takato (I'm fairly sure that's his name), and
      >any feelings she has toward Rika are meant to portrayed as sisterly or
      >best-friendly. The possibilties of romance between the two are invariably
      >nill.

      Agreed. Jeri is mostly a drama queen. But she is very affectionate towards
      Rika who, more surprisingly is affectionate back. Since Rika is openly
      derisive of *everyone* it's more significan that she's lightening up at
      all...she's nice to Henry and Takato mostly now and actually out of herself
      enough to reach out and comfort and support Jeri.

      Jeri's not really List material - but Rika screams "baby dyke" in a way that
      I can't ignore. LOL

      Of course, if they were older and acted like that I'd be inclined to
      >think otherwise. There is a difference, I've discerned, between an
      >overly-emotional 11-year-old and a romantically-inclined 14-year-old.

      Not from my perspective. It's a much of a muchness to me. I'm getting old.
      LOL

    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
        > She's a "shaman" type Digimon, which makes sense since her penultimate form
        > is Taomon. And she's got that floating flower petal utlra-coolness they give
        > to all the best lesbian characters. LOL

        Perhaps Juri will invite her to AniLesboCon ;p

        Kun
        ----'-,-{@

        *does a little sakuramon dance*
      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
          > *peeks out from Lurker-land* Hi, everyone. I've been busy as of late(the

          Hello there Jenny-mac! ;) Glad you came over to the dark side ;p...from the...much darker...lurker side...o.0~

          I don't know anything about Digimon that I can tell you...although I do know that Suzy's bunny is still a bunny and doesn't seem to have done anything since being tamed ;/

          Kun
          ---'-,-{@
        • Jennifer McKaskle
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
            *peeks out from Lurker-land* Hi, everyone. I've been busy as of late(the
            words research paper should never be spoken in the same sentence as Easter
            vacation) and just popped in to add my two-and-a-half cents to this
            particular topic. Being a long time fan of Digimon (and consequently telling
            friends/family more about the show than they had ever wanted to know), I
            must sadly admit to having missed a great deal of the third season.
            (Sleeping has become more and more important.) So I find myself rather
            curious at this merging process. What exactly were the circumstances
            surrounding the merge? And (because I'm anxious to know) what happened to
            the bunny the little girl became the tamer of? (The girl that is Henry's
            sister....I really should learn their names.) Finally, Jeri and Rika...I
            hope I'm not shunned for saying this, but Jeri is a dramatic girl. She
            worries equally over all the kids of the group. The only person she's been
            truly affectionate towards is Takato (I'm fairly sure that's his name), and
            any feelings she has toward Rika are meant to portrayed as sisterly or
            best-friendly. The possibilties of romance between the two are invariably
            nill. Of course, if they were older and acted like that I'd be inclined to
            think otherwise. There is a difference, I've discerned, between an
            overly-emotional 11-year-old and a romantically-inclined 14-year-old. And
            now, I will slip fitfully back into Lurker-land as my research paper awaits.
            (and waits, and waits, and will keep waiting as long as I can put it off.
            English may be my best subject, but I will fight the "rules of writing" to
            my dying day- *looks over shoulder at glowering mother* -which is a lot
            sooner than one would think.)

            ~Jenny Mac *finally working on a million new stories after months of
            writer's block, with the brief impression that she should be writing a paper
            on Sappho*

          • shanejayell2000
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
              A major crisis, and usually an emotional component. Either the
              digimon, or the tamer, is in serious jeopardy and/or emotional
              distress. Rika's life in danger, or Renamon needs her, and voila,
              digivolution!

              Maybe I've been watching too much, lately...

              Shane :)