Sakuyamon is so cool (mega-geekness)

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2002
      Finally! Today on Digimon we got to see Renamon and Rika (Ruki) "Biomerge"
      into Sakuyamon. Sakuyamon is fabulous.

      I knew Sakuyamon would be very cool, because I bought a snap kit Sakuyamon
      model a few weeks ago at Mitsuwa, but I didn't realize they'd make her so
      sexy too!

      She's a "shaman" type Digimon, which makes sense since her penultimate form
      is Taomon. And she's got that floating flower petal utlra-coolness they give
      to all the best lesbian characters. LOL

      When Rika and Renamon get back to their friends, Jeri, the other girl, runs
      into Rika's arms...next update these kids go onto "The List." ;-)

      I've attached a screenshot, because I'm a geek. LOL

    • shanejayell2000
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 30, 2002
        I was really looking forward to that too! And Sakuyamon was so cool!
        Great looking powers...

        Put Rika and Renamon on the list! Maybe Jeri.

        Shane :)

        http://mobile.msn.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 30, 2002
          >From: "shanejayell2000" <shanejayell2000@...>

          >I was really looking forward to that too! And Sakuyamon was so cool!
          >Great looking powers...
          >
          >Put Rika and Renamon on the list! Maybe Jeri.

          Yeah - although I like Rika's "real" name better - Ruki. It fits her better
          somehow. :-)

        • shanejayell2000
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 31, 2002
            --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
            > >From: "shanejayell2000" <shanejayell2000@y...>
            >
            > >I was really looking forward to that too! And Sakuyamon was so
            cool!
            > >Great looking powers...
            > >
            > >Put Rika and Renamon on the list! Maybe Jeri.
            >
            > Yeah - although I like Rika's "real" name better - Ruki. It fits
            her better
            > somehow. :-)

            Yeah, I think you're right. The original suits her a bit better.
            Tougher somehow. Rika is a bit too feminine for her...

            Shane :)

            "All I know is, we were together, and that's all that matters."
            Renamon, re. Rika
          • Minionmancer@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1 8:02 AM
              Tenamon and Rika merge? Eh? <Digimon ignorant person here>
              What did this Tenamon start out as? Kyubimon? So, these Digimon upgrade more often than Pokemon "evolve" (beh, I hate that incorrect term)?
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1 8:16 AM
                >From: Minionmancer@...

                > Tenamon and Rika merge? Eh? <Digimon ignorant person here>
                > What did this Tenamon start out as? Kyubimon? So, these Digimon upgrade
                >more often than Pokemon "evolve" (beh, I hate that incorrect term)?

                Renamon is her original form - she digiveolves (in this order) to Gyuubimon,
                Taomon and biomerges with Rika/Ruki into Sakuyamon.

                I don't know if they evolve more than Pokemon - I haven't watched enough to
                really see too many Pokemon evolve. I know that Pikachu (and Bulbasaur)
                don't want to evolve, so they haven't. How sad is this conversation...? LOL

              • Jennifer McKaskle
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1 10:24 AM
                  *peeks out from Lurker-land* Hi, everyone. I've been busy as of late(the
                  words research paper should never be spoken in the same sentence as Easter
                  vacation) and just popped in to add my two-and-a-half cents to this
                  particular topic. Being a long time fan of Digimon (and consequently telling
                  friends/family more about the show than they had ever wanted to know), I
                  must sadly admit to having missed a great deal of the third season.
                  (Sleeping has become more and more important.) So I find myself rather
                  curious at this merging process. What exactly were the circumstances
                  surrounding the merge? And (because I'm anxious to know) what happened to
                  the bunny the little girl became the tamer of? (The girl that is Henry's
                  sister....I really should learn their names.) Finally, Jeri and Rika...I
                  hope I'm not shunned for saying this, but Jeri is a dramatic girl. She
                  worries equally over all the kids of the group. The only person she's been
                  truly affectionate towards is Takato (I'm fairly sure that's his name), and
                  any feelings she has toward Rika are meant to portrayed as sisterly or
                  best-friendly. The possibilties of romance between the two are invariably
                  nill. Of course, if they were older and acted like that I'd be inclined to
                  think otherwise. There is a difference, I've discerned, between an
                  overly-emotional 11-year-old and a romantically-inclined 14-year-old. And
                  now, I will slip fitfully back into Lurker-land as my research paper awaits.
                  (and waits, and waits, and will keep waiting as long as I can put it off.
                  English may be my best subject, but I will fight the "rules of writing" to
                  my dying day- *looks over shoulder at glowering mother* -which is a lot
                  sooner than one would think.)

                  ~Jenny Mac *finally working on a million new stories after months of
                  writer's block, with the brief impression that she should be writing a paper
                  on Sappho*

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1 11:06 AM
                    >From: "Jennifer McKaskle" <jqdreamweaver29@...>

                    >(Sleeping has become more and more important.)

                    I completely understand that! LOL

                    So I find myself rather
                    >curious at this merging process. What exactly were the circumstances
                    >surrounding the merge?

                    Same as always - there's a major fight and only by merging can teveryone be
                    saved. In this case Rika and Renamon through themselves into Chaos to
                    protect everyone else.

                    And (because I'm anxious to know) what happened to
                    >the bunny the little girl became the tamer of? (The girl that is Henry's
                    >sister....I really should learn their names.)

                    Suzy, sadly. I don't know her Japanese name. I haven't a clue, because I
                    only half watch when it's not about Rika. LOL

                    Finally, Jeri and Rika...I
                    >hope I'm not shunned for saying this, but Jeri is a dramatic girl. She
                    >worries equally over all the kids of the group. The only person she's been
                    >truly affectionate towards is Takato (I'm fairly sure that's his name), and
                    >any feelings she has toward Rika are meant to portrayed as sisterly or
                    >best-friendly. The possibilties of romance between the two are invariably
                    >nill.

                    Agreed. Jeri is mostly a drama queen. But she is very affectionate towards
                    Rika who, more surprisingly is affectionate back. Since Rika is openly
                    derisive of *everyone* it's more significan that she's lightening up at
                    all...she's nice to Henry and Takato mostly now and actually out of herself
                    enough to reach out and comfort and support Jeri.

                    Jeri's not really List material - but Rika screams "baby dyke" in a way that
                    I can't ignore. LOL

                    Of course, if they were older and acted like that I'd be inclined to
                    >think otherwise. There is a difference, I've discerned, between an
                    >overly-emotional 11-year-old and a romantically-inclined 14-year-old.

                    Not from my perspective. It's a much of a muchness to me. I'm getting old.
                    LOL

                  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 1 4:29 PM
                      > She's a "shaman" type Digimon, which makes sense since her penultimate form
                      > is Taomon. And she's got that floating flower petal utlra-coolness they give
                      > to all the best lesbian characters. LOL

                      Perhaps Juri will invite her to AniLesboCon ;p

                      Kun
                      ----'-,-{@

                      *does a little sakuramon dance*
                    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 1 4:33 PM
                        > *peeks out from Lurker-land* Hi, everyone. I've been busy as of late(the

                        Hello there Jenny-mac! ;) Glad you came over to the dark side ;p...from the...much darker...lurker side...o.0~

                        I don't know anything about Digimon that I can tell you...although I do know that Suzy's bunny is still a bunny and doesn't seem to have done anything since being tamed ;/

                        Kun
                        ---'-,-{@
                      • shanejayell2000
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 1 7:47 PM
                          A major crisis, and usually an emotional component. Either the
                          digimon, or the tamer, is in serious jeopardy and/or emotional
                          distress. Rika's life in danger, or Renamon needs her, and voila,
                          digivolution!

                          Maybe I've been watching too much, lately...

                          Shane :)