Re: Yuricon Poster 2002

  • shanejayell2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 28, 2002
      Grins! I was wondering myself! Tell! Tell! I say!

      Shane,
      tired...

      --- In Yuricon@y..., "byakkorei" <ahwill@c...> wrote:
      > Ok, Kun. I need your help to identify the clothing worn
      > in your poster. I think Mariko is wearing a Gi, but I
      > can't identify what Midori is wearing. I recognize tabi
      > socks! Kishi looks like a Laura Croft wannabe. Yuriko...
      > well, Quake would be proud.
      >
      > So divulge already!
      >
      > Matta ne,
      > Byakko Rei
    • stirling_9
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
        Hi! Pattie here!

        I want to thank those people who have bought Yuricon 2002 posters, and
        I sincerely hope you're displaying them prominently. I'm sure
        they'll look great wherever that may be. ^__^

        And now I want to chastize the rest of you for not supporting our
        cause! Cons don't just happen because we want them too!! It takes
        volunteers, money, good PR, money, talent and especailly money.

        Here's your chance to help out and look really cool while you're doing
        it! We still have posters left and *you* still need one!!

        Please send your requests to:

        stirling_9@...

        Posters are really cheap at $7, which includes the shipping. And just
        think... you'll own a piece of our own Kun (if the art itself isn't
        incentive enough!)

        I'll be looking for your order!
        P!
      • stirling_9
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
          Better... but we could improve! ^__^ Don't be shy!

          I neglected to include my PayPal info... sorry:

          stirling_9@...

          So buy early, buy often!
          P!

        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
            > Ok, Kun. I need your help to identify the clothing worn
            > in your poster. I think Mariko is wearing a Gi, but I
            > can't identify what Midori is wearing. I recognize tabi
            > socks! Kishi looks like a Laura Croft wannabe. Yuriko...
            > well, Quake would be proud.
            >
            > So divulge already!
            >
            > Matta ne,
            > Byakko Rei

            Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
            Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
            Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
            Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p

            Anyway...I hope that helps...

            Kun
            ----'-,-{@
          • Trixterpriest@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
              > Posters are really cheap at $7, which includes the shipping. And just
              > think... you'll own a piece of our own Kun (if the art itself isn't
              > incentive enough!)

              Own a piece.... o.0~

              Kun
              -----'-,-{@
            • pbarkow@is2.dal.ca
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
                On 1 Apr 02, at 19:30, Trixterpriest@... wrote:

                > > Posters are really cheap at $7, which includes the shipping. And just
                > > think... you'll own a piece of our own Kun (if the art itself isn't
                > > incentive enough!)
                > >

                > Own a piece.... o.0~

                The major selling point. ^_^

                "Our bloodthirstiness feeds our righteousness."
                http://is2.dal.ca/~pbarkow/
                Harbinger of Keener-sama
                Vice President DPG
                Official Fashion Consultant and Hentai of the DGML
                Shameless Faith/Buffy shipper.
                Lapsed Discordian
                Head of the Keiko-chanian faction
                Hug Guy
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
                  >From: Trixterpriest@...

                  >Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of
                  >the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant
                  >thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p

                  The pants are called "Hakama" and are very much like a split shirt - the
                  legs are very full.

                  The top is called "Montsuki" and consists of an undergarment, in this case a
                  "kimono" (as opposed to a "gi" which was basically a kind of undewear that
                  wasn't kimono - which means, btw, "a thing one wears,") and a longer, outer
                  jacket. And accessories, of course. :-) Montsuki are basically used now as
                  formal attire, like for weddings.

                  Here's some pics from a Martial (as opposed to Marital) arts site:
                  http://www.nosyuiaido.com/prod04.htm

                  Hey, I'm not a researcher fur nuthin'. :-)

                • awill
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 1, 2002
                    Trixterpriest@... wrote:

                    > > Ok, Kun. I need your help to identify the clothing worn
                    > > in your poster. I think Mariko is wearing a Gi, but I
                    > > can't identify what Midori is wearing. I recognize tabi
                    > > socks! Kishi looks like a Laura Croft wannabe. Yuriko...
                    > > well, Quake would be proud.
                    > >
                    > > So divulge already!
                    > >
                    > > Matta ne,
                    > > Byakko Rei
                    > >

                    > Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
                    > Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
                    > Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
                    > Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p
                    >
                    > Anyway...I hope that helps...
                    >
                    > Kun
                    > ----'-,-{@
                    Byakko scowls darkly. Midori is wearing a kimono, a *hakama* and
                    waraji with tabi socks. Those look like wakizashi she is wielding.
                    Mariko is hiding but those are neko-te iron 'finger nails' in her
                    hands which are used in ninjutsu. Ninjas wear shinobi shozoko which
                    are not skin-tight but have lots of pockets for hiding tools and
                    weapons. They wear tabi boots. Yes, I did research for my writing!

                    Standard army issue uniforms will never include what Kishi is
                    wearing, but I like it. Drools, looove Angelina Jolie in that
                    outfit! Yuriko can wear whatever she wants too! I'm going for
                    the plasma gun ala Quake 3 Arena... model 2002, of course.

                    Thanks Kun, squeezes tightly. I know I'm impatient.

                    Love, Byakko
                  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
                      >> > So divulge already!
                      >> >
                      >> > Matta ne,
                      >> > Byakko Rei
                      >> >

                      >> Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
                      >> Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
                      >> Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
                      >> Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p
                      >>
                      >> Anyway...I hope that helps...
                      >>
                      >> Kun
                      >> ----'-,-{@
                      >Byakko scowls darkly. Midori is wearing a kimono, a *hakama* and
                      >waraji with tabi socks. Those look like wakizashi she is wielding.
                      >Mariko is hiding but those are neko-te iron 'finger nails' in her
                      >hands which are used in ninjutsu. Ninjas wear shinobi shozoko which
                      >are not skin-tight but have lots of pockets for hiding tools and
                      >weapons. They wear tabi boots. Yes, I did research for my writing!
                      >
                      >Standard army issue uniforms will never include what Kishi is
                      >wearing, but I like it. Drools, looove Angelina Jolie in that
                      >outfit! Yuriko can wear whatever she wants too! I'm going for
                      >the plasma gun ala Quake 3 Arena... model 2002, of course.
                      >
                      >Thanks Kun, squeezes tightly. I know I'm impatient.
                      >
                      >Love, Byakko

                      Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=

                      Kun
                      ----'-,-{@
                      *does a little trouble dance*
                    • awill
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 7, 2002
                        Trixterpriest@... wrote:

                        > >> Heh, like **I** know what their wearing? ;p Well let's see....when I created them I wanted to get as broad a spectrum as I could, so I had Yuriko as the "hero knight sci-fi armor" type outfit ;p I was going to go for a full power suit but couldn't figure out a good design to save my life.
                        > >> Kishi, I wanted to have your kind of standard 'army' type of gear...plus it gave me a good reason to just throw lots of different cool weapons on her ;p
                        > >> Mariko isn't wear a gi...she's my stealth ninja type so she's in a skintight bodysuit with some cool purple things thrown in just for fun =^.^=
                        > >> Midori is my samarai and I'm not really sure about the official names of the clothes she's wearing, but basically it's a kimono with some weird pant thingies, to keep the kimono in ;p
                        > >>
                        > >> Anyway...I hope that helps...
                        > >>
                        > >> Kun
                        > >> ----'-,-{@
                        > >Byakko scowls darkly. Midori is wearing a kimono, a *hakama* and
                        > >waraji with tabi socks. Those look like wakizashi she is wielding.
                        > >Mariko is hiding but those are neko-te iron 'finger nails' in her
                        > >hands which are used in ninjutsu. Ninjas wear shinobi shozoko which
                        > >are not skin-tight but have lots of pockets for hiding tools and
                        > >weapons. They wear tabi boots. Yes, I did research for my writing!
                        > >
                        > >Standard army issue uniforms will never include what Kishi is
                        > >wearing, but I like it. Drools, looove Angelina Jolie in that
                        > >outfit! Yuriko can wear whatever she wants too! I'm going for
                        > >the plasma gun ala Quake 3 Arena... model 2002, of course.
                        > >
                        > >Thanks Kun, squeezes tightly. I know I'm impatient.
                        > >
                        > >Love, Byakko
                        > >

                        > Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=
                        >
                        > Kun
                        > ----'-,-{@
                        > *does a little trouble dance*

                        I didn't know, but when I didn't have a reply within a day, I
                        assumed you were too busy to answer me. I am not ever going to
                        just sit on my laurels and wait for someone to reply. Research
                        is part of writing... I was just trying to save some of my
                        dwindling time.

                        Love,
                        Byakko
                      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                          > Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever
                          looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=

                          > Kun
                          > ----'-,-{@
                          > *does a little trouble dance*
                          >
                          >I didn't know, but when I didn't have a reply within a day, I
                          assumed you were too busy to answer me. I am not ever going to
                          just sit on my laurels and wait for someone to reply. Research
                          is part of writing... I was just trying to save some of my
                          dwindling time.

                          Ooops ;p I forgot that for the last couple of weeks I've barely been online
                          much at all =^.^= Just trying to get settled down at least partly :)

                          Gomen...?

                          Kun
                          ----'-,-{@
                          *does a little badkun dance*
                        • Seravy
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                            If your bank card gets jammed at the bank in that
                            machine thingy and a person comes over and offers
                            help... DO NOT do what that person says. Go find
                            someone who works there or just get your card and
                            leave.

                            The reason your card jams is because that "person"
                            placed a piece of something inside the machine before
                            hand. He or she will then come over and say something
                            like "that happened to me" then ask you to put your
                            pin number in again. When you do that, the person will
                            be looking at your pin number and the something inside
                            the machine will be getting all your information.
                            Before you know it, all your money will be gone with
                            the criminal out of the country.

                            So just watch out, as I don't want to see anybody lose
                            their money to some scum.

                            Music, Movies, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca
                          • awill
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 8, 2002
                              Trixterpriest@... wrote:

                              > > Heheh ;p Why did you ask when you knew already silly? I just draw whatever
                              > looks good...which I know is going to get me in trouble one day =^.^=
                              > >
                              > > Kun
                              > > ----'-,-{@
                              > > *does a little trouble dance*
                              > >
                              > >I didn't know, but when I didn't have a reply within a day, I
                              > assumed you were too busy to answer me. I am not ever going to
                              > just sit on my laurels and wait for someone to reply. Research
                              > is part of writing... I was just trying to save some of my
                              > dwindling time.
                              >
                              > Ooops ;p I forgot that for the last couple of weeks I've barely been online
                              > much at all =^.^= Just trying to get settled down at least partly :)

                              Settled down?! Did I miss something?

                              > Gomen...?

                              No need for 'sorry'. I'm just wound tightly and paranoid.
                              Um... does a sheepish little paranoia shuffle.

                              I still luv ya!
                              Byakko