Re: [Yuricon] Digest Number 232

  • Sabdha Charlton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      on 6/3/02 1:52 AM, Yuricon@yahoogroups.com at Yuricon@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      >> also, can anyone explain why kyosuke and madoka call each other by
      > different
      >> names (kyosuke calls madoka 'ayuka', but the fan sub i have translates it
      > as
      >> madoka...i think madoka calls kyosuke 'keisuke' or something, but again
      > it
      >> is just translated as kyosuke)?
      >
      > That is because they are calling each other by their last names. It is a
      > show of respect.
      >
      > Full names: Ayukawa Madoka, Keisuke Kyosuke
      >
      > Hope that answers your questions
      >
      > ja
      >
      > Kat

      yes! that makes perfect sense. thank you.

      >> where akane falls in love
      >> with madoka, at the end they are in a bar and akane is wearing a tank top
      >> with BOY written on it in english - is this meant to make her more butch or
      >> something?! something that doesn't come through in the translation is that
      >> akane uses the male pronoun 'boku' when talking to madoka...it's so cute!
      >
      > Thanks for reminding me of a frequently-forgotten anime lesbian! Akane's
      > great. There is this one touching episode in which she pretends to be
      > Kyosuke's girlfriend, and then at the end of the ep you see what's on her
      > ceiling =)
      > I noticed the "BOY" tanktop as well. I thought it was a nod to Ranma 1/2.
      > Ranma frequently wore clothing proclaiming his true sex when he was in girl
      > form.
      >
      > - Jess

      interesting....so being a lesbian means that you are really a boy trapped in
      a girl's body, perhaps? the old invert theory of homosexuality....

      but of course we love masculine women...

      *all excited because Judith (Jack) Halberstam is coming to Melbourne to
      perform at drag kings... ^o^ *

      sabdha