Re: [Yuricon] New and...well, mostly just new, I guess

  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 2, 2002
      > Hehe!! Thanks for the welcome, Kun! (did I get that name right?)

      Hai ;p Alot of people think that I'm just being cute with that name however it's the short version of my roleplaying name. =^.^=

      > I have a question for minna real quick: Being from Louisiana and having very
      > little access to anime, I've found myself slightly deprived in the

      I know exactly how you feel...I was in Mississippi for about six months very recently and now that there's absolutely NOTHING down that way ;p I'm so glad I'm not down there anymore... =^.^=

      > anime/manga-knowledge department. My question is, has anyone here heard of
      > 'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
      > awesome. OK, that's it for now.

      Heard of it? Sure....Watched or read it? Nope....Coveted Erica's new Rally Vincent figure? Hai!! ;p

      Kun
      ----'-,-{@
    • Drew Torrens
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 9, 2002
        > I have a question for minna real quick: Being from Louisiana and having
        very
        > little access to anime, I've found myself slightly deprived in the
        > anime/manga-knowledge department. My question is, has anyone here heard of
        > 'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
        > awesome. OK, that's it for now.

        Gunsmith is amazing. But that aside, I feel for the Anime/Manga deprived,
        and run an FTP server, which I give out to those in need. If you're
        curious, I've attached a list of the digital anime I own. If you see some
        stuff you want, let me know and I can set it up for you.

        Warning: You'll get (at most) about 12kb/s, and the IP changes whenever the
        system needs rebooting.

        TTFN,
        Drew
      • jqdreamweaver
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 11, 2002
          --- In Yuricon@y..., "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@s...> wrote:
          > Gunsmith is amazing. But that aside, I feel for the Anime/Manga
          deprived,
          > and run an FTP server, which I give out to those in need. If you're
          > curious, I've attached a list of the digital anime I own. If you
          see some
          > stuff you want, let me know and I can set it up for you.
          >
          > Warning: You'll get (at most) about 12kb/s, and the IP changes
          whenever the
          > system needs rebooting.
          >
          > TTFN,
          > Drew

          Thanks! One question: how do I open the file? It's some sort of xls
          file, and my computer keeps asking for what to run it with. Thanks
          again.

          ~Jenny
        • Royi Eltink
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 11, 2002
            > Thanks! One question: how do I open the file? It's some sort of xls
            > file, and my computer keeps asking for what to run it with. Thanks
            > again.

            It is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You'll need Microsoft Office for
            that. Or Sun's StarOffice.. The last one is freely downloadable from
            http://www.staroffice.com or http://www.sun.com .

            I personaly prefer to list my anime in a plain text file.. Wich is
            readable on every platform...

            Ro'

            NB: By the way, isn't this illegal? Fans in The Netherlands get furious
            when there is talked about downloading anime.
          • Drew Torrens
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 15, 2002
              OOPS! I guess an Excel spreadsheet isn't the best way to send something
              after all... :-)

              I've saved it as HTML, but the code Excel spits out is horendous, so I'm
              hoping people will be able to view it properly.

              ANYWAY, it's attached, I actually had originally intended it as a direct
              reply, but I don't mind being a leeching post for any of the anime deprived
              ;-)

              If any of you are looking for something in particular, let us know. Also
              note that I've got about 15gb on the drive that still hasn't been burned
              (i.e. isn't on the list) so if it's not on the list, we may, in fact, have
              it anyway :-)

              TTFN,
              Drew
            • Jennifer McKaskle
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 17, 2002
                What is the Cowboy Bebop movie about?

                ~Jenny

              • Kathryn Williams
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 17, 2002
                  > What is the Cowboy Bebop movie about?

                  Think of it as one really long Episode. Doesn't really fit anywhere in the
                  story at all. Just sort of "is". Not that I'm not a Bebop fan I was just
                  expecting so much more from the film.. *sighs*

                  ja

                  Kat
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 18, 2002
                    >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                    >Not that I'm not a Bebop fan I was just
                    >expecting so much more from the film.. *sighs*

                    LOL Why is this, I have to wonder? Why do I read this same sentence time and
                    time again about anime Movies? When we will figure out that the idea for an
                    anime movie basically renders down to one of two concepts - 1) long episode
                    or 2)retelling of same basic plot all shoved together in short period of
                    time .

                    Hmmm? Folks? Seriously - there have to be a few other people who've noticed
                    this other than me, right? :-)

                  • kuwabara_kun
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 18, 2002
                      --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:

                      > LOL Why is this, I have to wonder? Why do I read this same sentence
                      time and
                      > time again about anime Movies? When we will figure out that the
                      idea for an
                      > anime movie basically renders down to one of two concepts - 1) long
                      episode
                      > or 2)retelling of same basic plot all shoved together in short
                      period of
                      > time .

                      The Cowboy Bebop movie doesn't pretend to be anything other than
                      a very long episode. ^_^ In fact it takes place during the latter
                      part of the series.
                    • Kathryn Williams
                      Message 10 of 25 , Mar 18, 2002
                        > Hmmm? Folks? Seriously - there have to be a few other people who've
                        noticed
                        > this other than me, right? :-)

                        Actually there are a couple Tv to Movie Anime that I can think of which were
                        good and not just one long episode or crunching the TV series into one. Key
                        the Metal idol movie 1 & 2 were great (mostly because they explained
                        everything that was left unclear in the Series) and KOR the first movie was
                        good too.

                        With Bebop I made the mistake of listening to my friends go on and one about
                        how great the movie was only to discover it wasn't that great after all...
                        They just increased the Animation style here and there and that was about
                        it. I was expecting maybe more history on Spike. Maybe something to do with
                        his past in which they were rather vag about. I mean there was so much they
                        could of done but instead just come up with a new villian and hashed out the
                        same old story. I should have listened to myself about not listening to what
                        anyone says about a film before watching.. *shrugs* silly me.

                        ja

                        Kat