New and...well, mostly just new, I guess

  • jqdreamweaver
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 25, 2002
      Konnichiwa! (Forgive if I spelled that wrong. I'm still learning.)
      I'm Jenny! I came upon the Yuricon.org site through LSPR. I've never
      heard of it before, but I'm really interested and would like to learn
      more. I hope none of you mind dealing with a newbie. Well, I guess
      that's all I have to say for now. Later!

      ~JQDreamweaver *friends call me Jenny-Mac!*
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
        >From: "jqdreamweaver" <jqdreamweaver29@...>

        >Konnichiwa! (Forgive if I spelled that wrong. I'm still learning.)
        >I'm Jenny! I came upon the Yuricon.org site through LSPR.

        Really? How cool - what a blast from the past, too. :-)

        I've never
        >heard of it before, but I'm really interested and would like to learn
        >more. I hope none of you mind dealing with a newbie. Well, I guess
        >that's all I have to say for now. Later!

        Welcome!

      • shanejayell2000
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
          Hi Jenny, welcome to the list. Favorite series, etc., etc. ?

          Shane :)

          http://messenger.msn.com
        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
            > Konnichiwa! (Forgive if I spelled that wrong. I'm still learning.)
            > I'm Jenny! I came upon the Yuricon.org site through LSPR. I've never

            Welcome to our list, Jenny =^.^=

            *does a little welcome dance*

            > heard of it before, but I'm really interested and would like to learn
            > more. I hope none of you mind dealing with a newbie. Well, I guess
            > that's all I have to say for now. Later!

            We were all newbies once ;p Except for Erica, who obviously came out of the womb with a V sign =^.^=

            Kun
            ----'-,-{@

            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
              >From: Trixterpriest@...

              >We were all newbies once ;p Except for Erica, who obviously came out of the
              >womb with a V sign =^.^=

              Ha. Ha.

              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
                >From: "Jennifer McKaskle" <jqdreamweaver29@...>

                >My question is, has anyone here heard of
                >'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
                >awesome. OK, that's it for now.

                You betcha - Rally's a popular gal here. :-)

                I just bought a Rally Vincent doll yesterday - the one in black leather,
                with guns...not the one in red.

              • mugenharuka
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
                  --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                  > >From: "Jennifer McKaskle" <jqdreamweaver29@h...>
                  >
                  > >My question is, has anyone here heard of
                  > >'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was
                  pretty
                  > >awesome. OK, that's it for now.
                  >
                  > You betcha - Rally's a popular gal here. :-)
                  >
                  > I just bought a Rally Vincent doll yesterday - the one in black
                  leather,
                  > with guns...not the one in red.

                  Once, a long time ago, (read: a year and a half), I lived in
                  Chicago, and absolutely *loved* Gunsmith Cats. The manga is great,
                  (it's like storyboarded HK action movies) and the Anime wasn't bad
                  either. So much of the Anime took place at actual locations! They
                  apparently sent scouts to get some photos for the ova ~ and I
                  visited them and wished I had a blue Shelby Cobra with racing
                  stripes.

                  There's a High School kid who drives past my apartment every day
                  now, driving said car. <sigh> Someday, I'll have money ... and I
                  will buy the hell out of that car.

                  Toodle-pip
                  MugenH.
                • Kathryn Williams
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 26, 2002
                    > I have a question for minna real quick: Being from Louisiana and having
                    very
                    > little access to anime, I've found myself slightly deprived in the
                    > anime/manga-knowledge department. My question is, has anyone here heard of
                    > 'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
                    > awesome. OK, that's it for now.

                    WAI WAI! I love Kenichi Sonoda and have been following Rally Vincent since
                    her first appearance in "Riding Bean" and was hooked when I discovered her
                    in GunSmith. >^_^< I'm just sad that it is over now.. I hope Kenichi goes
                    back to GunSmith when he is finished with Canon because I'm relly not
                    likling this new series very much.

                    That is enough rambling from me

                    ja

                    Kat
                  • Jennifer McKaskle
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 27, 2002
                      Thanks for the welcome, Erica and Shane. My favorite series are Sailor Moon
                      and almost every other anime that's come to my TV, and I own the collection
                      of El Hazard tapes, including The Wanderers.

                      I'd also like to say hello to Emy. *grin* I'll admit now that you won't hear
                      much japanese from me. I only really know the basic courtesies.

                      Thanks again for the warm welcome. Later!

                      ~Jenny

                    • Jennifer McKaskle
                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 27, 2002
                        Hehe!! Thanks for the welcome, Kun! (did I get that name right?)

                        I have a question for minna real quick: Being from Louisiana and having very
                        little access to anime, I've found myself slightly deprived in the
                        anime/manga-knowledge department. My question is, has anyone here heard of
                        'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
                        awesome. OK, that's it for now.

                        Thanks again for the welcome, everyone!

                        ~Jenny Mac
                        P.S.- You shouldn't be surprised if I say thank you a lot. *grin* It's just
                        how I am.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 27, 2002
                          >From: "mugenharuka" <mugenharuka@...>
                          >

                          >There's a High School kid who drives past my apartment every day
                          >now, driving said car. <sigh> Someday, I'll have money ... and I
                          >will buy the hell out of that car.

                          Eh - just kill him and take the car. :-)

                        • mugenharuka
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 27, 2002
                            > >There's a High School kid who drives past my apartment every day
                            > >now, driving said car. <sigh> Someday, I'll have money ... and I
                            > >will buy the hell out of that car.
                            >
                            > Eh - just kill him and take the car. :-)

                            Either you've been playing too much GTA3 or I have, because that
                            actually sounds like a fine idea.

                            Maybe I'll just take his Gunsmith Cats car out for a spin while he's
                            at school ...

                            Toodle-pip
                            MugenH.
                            PS. Speaking of cats, dibs on That Cat-Girl from Gensomaden
                            Saiyuki. I don't remember what her name was.
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 27, 2002
                              >From: "mugenharuka" <mugenharuka@...>

                              >Either you've been playing too much GTA3 or I have, because that
                              >actually sounds like a fine idea.

                              Must be you 'cause I don't play games. :-)

                              >Maybe I'll just take his Gunsmith Cats car out for a spin while he's
                              >at school ...

                              Sounds like a good idea!

                            • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 27, 2002
                                > >We were all newbies once ;p Except for Erica, who obviously came out of the
                                > >womb with a V sign =^.^=
                                >
                                > Ha. Ha.

                                Just wait until I come out with the chibi version ;p

                                Kun
                                ----'-,-{@

                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 28, 2002
                                  >From: Trixterpriest@...
                                  >
                                  >Just wait until I come out with the chibi version ;p

                                  Just remember, "Petty vengeance is mine, sayeth Erica."

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 2 9:49 AM
                                    > Hehe!! Thanks for the welcome, Kun! (did I get that name right?)

                                    Hai ;p Alot of people think that I'm just being cute with that name however it's the short version of my roleplaying name. =^.^=

                                    > I have a question for minna real quick: Being from Louisiana and having very
                                    > little access to anime, I've found myself slightly deprived in the

                                    I know exactly how you feel...I was in Mississippi for about six months very recently and now that there's absolutely NOTHING down that way ;p I'm so glad I'm not down there anymore... =^.^=

                                    > anime/manga-knowledge department. My question is, has anyone here heard of
                                    > 'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
                                    > awesome. OK, that's it for now.

                                    Heard of it? Sure....Watched or read it? Nope....Coveted Erica's new Rally Vincent figure? Hai!! ;p

                                    Kun
                                    ----'-,-{@
                                  • Drew Torrens
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Mar 9 9:56 PM
                                      > I have a question for minna real quick: Being from Louisiana and having
                                      very
                                      > little access to anime, I've found myself slightly deprived in the
                                      > anime/manga-knowledge department. My question is, has anyone here heard of
                                      > 'Gun Smith Cats'? I caught it on the Action channel once. It was pretty
                                      > awesome. OK, that's it for now.

                                      Gunsmith is amazing. But that aside, I feel for the Anime/Manga deprived,
                                      and run an FTP server, which I give out to those in need. If you're
                                      curious, I've attached a list of the digital anime I own. If you see some
                                      stuff you want, let me know and I can set it up for you.

                                      Warning: You'll get (at most) about 12kb/s, and the IP changes whenever the
                                      system needs rebooting.

                                      TTFN,
                                      Drew
                                    • jqdreamweaver
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Mar 11 6:47 PM
                                        --- In Yuricon@y..., "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@s...> wrote:
                                        > Gunsmith is amazing. But that aside, I feel for the Anime/Manga
                                        deprived,
                                        > and run an FTP server, which I give out to those in need. If you're
                                        > curious, I've attached a list of the digital anime I own. If you
                                        see some
                                        > stuff you want, let me know and I can set it up for you.
                                        >
                                        > Warning: You'll get (at most) about 12kb/s, and the IP changes
                                        whenever the
                                        > system needs rebooting.
                                        >
                                        > TTFN,
                                        > Drew

                                        Thanks! One question: how do I open the file? It's some sort of xls
                                        file, and my computer keeps asking for what to run it with. Thanks
                                        again.

                                        ~Jenny
                                      • Royi Eltink
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Mar 11 10:21 PM
                                          > Thanks! One question: how do I open the file? It's some sort of xls
                                          > file, and my computer keeps asking for what to run it with. Thanks
                                          > again.

                                          It is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You'll need Microsoft Office for
                                          that. Or Sun's StarOffice.. The last one is freely downloadable from
                                          http://www.staroffice.com or http://www.sun.com .

                                          I personaly prefer to list my anime in a plain text file.. Wich is
                                          readable on every platform...

                                          Ro'

                                          NB: By the way, isn't this illegal? Fans in The Netherlands get furious
                                          when there is talked about downloading anime.
                                        • Drew Torrens
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Mar 15 7:47 AM
                                            OOPS! I guess an Excel spreadsheet isn't the best way to send something
                                            after all... :-)

                                            I've saved it as HTML, but the code Excel spits out is horendous, so I'm
                                            hoping people will be able to view it properly.

                                            ANYWAY, it's attached, I actually had originally intended it as a direct
                                            reply, but I don't mind being a leeching post for any of the anime deprived
                                            ;-)

                                            If any of you are looking for something in particular, let us know. Also
                                            note that I've got about 15gb on the drive that still hasn't been burned
                                            (i.e. isn't on the list) so if it's not on the list, we may, in fact, have
                                            it anyway :-)

                                            TTFN,
                                            Drew
                                          • Kathryn Williams
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Mar 17 7:05 PM
                                              > What is the Cowboy Bebop movie about?

                                              Think of it as one really long Episode. Doesn't really fit anywhere in the
                                              story at all. Just sort of "is". Not that I'm not a Bebop fan I was just
                                              expecting so much more from the film.. *sighs*

                                              ja

                                              Kat
                                            • Jennifer McKaskle
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Mar 17 8:42 PM

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Mar 18 10:40 AM
                                                  >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                                                  >Not that I'm not a Bebop fan I was just
                                                  >expecting so much more from the film.. *sighs*

                                                  LOL Why is this, I have to wonder? Why do I read this same sentence time and
                                                  time again about anime Movies? When we will figure out that the idea for an
                                                  anime movie basically renders down to one of two concepts - 1) long episode
                                                  or 2)retelling of same basic plot all shoved together in short period of
                                                  time .

                                                  Hmmm? Folks? Seriously - there have to be a few other people who've noticed
                                                  this other than me, right? :-)

                                                • kuwabara_kun
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Mar 18 11:13 AM
                                                    --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:

                                                    > LOL Why is this, I have to wonder? Why do I read this same sentence
                                                    time and
                                                    > time again about anime Movies? When we will figure out that the
                                                    idea for an
                                                    > anime movie basically renders down to one of two concepts - 1) long
                                                    episode
                                                    > or 2)retelling of same basic plot all shoved together in short
                                                    period of
                                                    > time .

                                                    The Cowboy Bebop movie doesn't pretend to be anything other than
                                                    a very long episode. ^_^ In fact it takes place during the latter
                                                    part of the series.
                                                  • Kathryn Williams
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Mar 18 11:40 AM
                                                      > Hmmm? Folks? Seriously - there have to be a few other people who've
                                                      noticed
                                                      > this other than me, right? :-)

                                                      Actually there are a couple Tv to Movie Anime that I can think of which were
                                                      good and not just one long episode or crunching the TV series into one. Key
                                                      the Metal idol movie 1 & 2 were great (mostly because they explained
                                                      everything that was left unclear in the Series) and KOR the first movie was
                                                      good too.

                                                      With Bebop I made the mistake of listening to my friends go on and one about
                                                      how great the movie was only to discover it wasn't that great after all...
                                                      They just increased the Animation style here and there and that was about
                                                      it. I was expecting maybe more history on Spike. Maybe something to do with
                                                      his past in which they were rather vag about. I mean there was so much they
                                                      could of done but instead just come up with a new villian and hashed out the
                                                      same old story. I should have listened to myself about not listening to what
                                                      anyone says about a film before watching.. *shrugs* silly me.

                                                      ja

                                                      Kat