cons?

  • Dana G.
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2002
      *meekly waves as she emerges from the depths of lurkdom*
      i know i'm going to sound stupid or whatever asking this, but i have
      recently moved from an isolated part of vermont to a less isolated part of
      vermont. i have pretty much ignored the con scene because i really didn't
      have a way to get there and i was so isolated and up in the boonies that if
      i did want to go, i'd have to go and it'd take me forever to get there. but
      now, all that has changed (and i have finally gotten my license after
      avoiding it for all these years) and i'm growing more interested in cons. i
      don't know where any of them are (or even if they come near poor ol'
      vermont) or even what they are like. could anyone please clue this clueless
      person in?

      nebula, waiting patiently for pizza shop to open so she can get some
      breakfast...

      "The boat delicately graced the surface of the serene lake exactly the way a
      bowling ball wouldn't..."

      "His disappearance was as noticed as the disappearance of the period after
      the Dr in Dr Pepper..."

      "Caffeine is my sheperd: I shall not doze.
      It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
      It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
      It restoreth my buzz:
      It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
      Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction
      I will fear no Equal(tm):
      For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar comfort me.
      Thou preparest a carafe by me in the presence of Juan Valdez.
      Thou anointest my day with pep: my mug runneth over.
      Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
      And I shall dwell in the House of Maxwell forever.
      Amen."

    • awill
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2002
        "Dana G." wrote:

        > *meekly waves as she emerges from the depths of lurkdom*
        > i know i'm going to sound stupid or whatever asking this, but i have
        > recently moved from an isolated part of vermont to a less isolated part of
        > vermont. i have pretty much ignored the con scene because i really didn't
        > have a way to get there and i was so isolated and up in the boonies that if
        > i did want to go, i'd have to go and it'd take me forever to get there. but
        > now, all that has changed (and i have finally gotten my license after
        > avoiding it for all these years) and i'm growing more interested in cons. i
        > don't know where any of them are (or even if they come near poor ol'
        > vermont) or even what they are like. could anyone please clue this clueless
        > person in?

        Erica has an events section on her site, you should start there.

        http://www.yuricon.org/events.htm

        Many of these cons have their own sites, like Anime North. It's
        probably the biggest one coming up.

        http://www1.animenorth.com:1080/home.html

        Hope to see you there!
        Matta ne, Byakko
      • Royi Eltink
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2002
          Vermont? Isnt that in the North of France?
          I think the AnimeMarathon2002 in Hamburg (Germany) at the end of March
          will do..
          Or Animagic2002 in Germany (erhm,, Hannover, I tought..)..
          Or you could try the OtakuCon at KaatsHeuvel (Netherlands) in
          September...
          Maybe the cons in UK, and France, etc etc...

          Ro'

          Or, maybe yours truly doesnt know where Vermont is...
        • Lucy Kennedy
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2002
            Royi Eltink wrote:

            > Vermont? Isnt that in the North of France?

            It may be, but I suspect the place referred to is in fact
            Vermont, the state in the north east of the USA.

            Lucy

            --
            Lucy Kennedy * New College, Oxford
            http://users.ox.ac.uk/~newc1248/ - evolving home site
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2002
              >From: "Dana G." <snebula32@...>

              Welcome delurker Dana! :-)

              >i have pretty much ignored the con scene because i really didn't
              >have a way to get there

              I've always ignored the con scene because I loathe and despise them. LOL
              Funny how that worked out. ;-)

              and i was so isolated and up in the boonies that if
              >i did want to go, i'd have to go and it'd take me forever to get there. but
              >now, all that has changed (and i have finally gotten my license after
              >avoiding it for all these years) and i'm growing more interested in cons. i
              >don't know where any of them are (or even if they come near poor ol'
              >vermont) or even what they are like. could anyone please clue this clueless
              >person in?

              Along with Byakko Rei's fine suggestion, the acknowledged home for anime
              con/website and other types of info is http://www.anipike.com - the Anime
              Turpike. It ain't perfect, but it's heaps beyond the rest.

            • Trixterpriest@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2002
                > *meekly waves as she emerges from the depths of lurkdom*

                Welcome into the sunlight Dana :)

                > i know i'm going to sound stupid or whatever asking this, but i have

                There are no stupid questions...just stupid answers ;p

                I think a couple of people have already beaten me to the punch on your question so I'll just agree with all of them =^.^=

                Kun
                ---'-,-{@
              • Dana G.
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 25, 2002
                  ROFLMAO!!! no, vermont isn't in the north of france. it's only a french name
                  for a state in new england. vermont is squished between new hampshire, new
                  york on the east and west, and maine and mass. on the north and south. many
                  times we vermonters have been confused as canadiens, but never have we been
                  confused with being part of france.

                  nebula, the late

                  Vermont? Isnt that in the North of France?
                  I think the AnimeMarathon2002 in Hamburg (Germany) at the end of March
                  will do..
                  Or Animagic2002 in Germany (erhm,, Hannover, I tought..)..
                  Or you could try the OtakuCon at KaatsHeuvel (Netherlands) in
                  September...
                  Maybe the cons in UK, and France, etc etc...

                  Ro'

                  Or, maybe yours truly doesnt know where Vermont is...

                  << winmail.dat >>

                  "Your absence has gone through me
                  Like thread through a needle.
                  Everything I do is stitched with its color"