Re: [Yuricon] Re: Tis sad news....

  • Ashke
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1 7:35 AM
      >> I thought that almost immediately, then spent the best part of an
      >hour trying to explain to P who Pippi was. LOL
      >
      >Not know who Pippi is? I loved Pippi Longstockings when I was a girl.
      >She was the strongest girl we ever got to read about (Nancy Drew was
      >the smartest). I wished I could have a Villa Villakulla.

      When my hair was shorter, I had the habit of braiding it on the sides, and
      one of my co-workers would always call me Pippi. Always loved those books,
      and bought them all again just last year. I think my favorite game in them
      was traversing the room without stepping on the floor. At random times
      throughout my life, I've looked at a room and plotted out a course to take
      that wouldn't include the floor. *grin*

      --Ashke.
    • eleloi
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1 10:00 AM
        --- In Yuricon@y..., "Ashke" <ashke@m...> wrote:

        > I think my favorite game in them was traversing the room without
        stepping on the floor. At random times throughout my life, I've
        looked at a room and plotted out a course to take that wouldn't
        include the floor. *grin*

        Oh... I still do that too. I actually follow through and walk on the
        couches and coffee table. Of course my husband isn't home when I do
        this. ^-^

        --Lel
      • shanejayell2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1 10:35 AM
          Hmm, I read the Secret Garden, too. Interesting.

          One reason I read a lot of Sci-fi in my youth is that it's one of the
          few kinds of mainstream fiction with lesbian and gay characters in
          them. Mercedes Lacky, Gail Baudino, Spider Robinson, etc. etc.

          --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
          > >From: Trixterpriest@a...
          > >
          > >Heheh...I was reading hardcore fantasy and science fiction ;p I
          never read
          > >Little Princess...although I did enjoy The Secret Garden.
          >
          > Read scifi too - went through my Dad's scifi (and soft porn)
          collection by

          http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.