Re: [Yuricon] Introductions and plug

  • Minionmancer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2002
      <Back from a bout of the Flu Of Fatal Death and lurking>

      Hi Everyone!

      Meow Mix, is fun, I hope to make it (work is getting hectic - all these mice, blarg!)!
      If the Escaflowne movie is playing anywhere near you, GO SEE IT NOW! It's a fine stand-alone, AU version of Esca so no previous knowledge of the TV series is required. The dub is actually very good. The AMC in Times Square is playing both Metropolis and Escaflowne. Two anime movies in the same theater at the same time ... I thought I would never see the day.

      And now for much-delayed ML comments:
      Favorite chick with weapon: Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI, the greatest console RPG of all time. This Magitek General may be a 24-bit sprite, but she wields a blue energy sword, can absorb magic attacks, and is gorgeous. She sings opera, too!

      On Some Book Notes: My library imposed a 40-book limit on me, and a 30-book limit in my dad. He had a smaller limit since he tended to be overdue with his books.
      Erica, I commend you for breaking the fingers of whoever was bothering you so long ago. I used to have people pick on me on all the time. One day I got fed up and swung the the hardcover I was reading at the guy trying to pull of my glasses behind me. When I looked at the book again I noticed blood on it. That guy had a minor crush on me after that, sheesh ... I guess sometimes you gotta take drastic measures ...

      Faith: Faith rocks and I want her back and Evil (tm) again. She needs to whip Buffy back into shape.

      Astrid Lindgren, rest in peace. May Pippi Longstocking live forever ...
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
        >From: Minionmancer@...

        > Meow Mix, is fun, I hope to make it (work is getting hectic - all these
        >mice, blarg!)!

        We're doing Romantic vids this time - next time, either "tough chicks" (BGC,
        Sol Bianca) or hentai. Not sure which yet...and we could do some both,
        actually. I think we'll hold off on karaoke until the summer.

        > If the Escaflowne movie is playing anywhere near you, GO SEE IT NOW!
        >It's a fine stand-alone, AU version of Esca so no previous knowledge of the
        >TV series is required. The dub is actually very good. The AMC in Times
        >Square is playing both Metropolis and Escaflowne. Two anime movies in the
        >same theater at the same time ... I thought I would never see the day.

        I had a chance to see Metropolis as part of BAAF, but I just wasn't
        motivated. Is Escaflowne more interesting than the TV series? I just
        couldn't like that one, no matter how hard I tried.

        >Erica, I commend you for breaking the fingers of whoever was bothering you
        >so long ago. I used to have people pick on me on all the time. One day I
        >got fed up and swung the the hardcover I was reading at the guy trying to
        >pull of my glasses behind me. When I looked at the book again I noticed
        >blood on it. That guy had a minor crush on me after that, sheesh ... I
        >guess sometimes you gotta take drastic measures ...

        Funy, the last guy I beat up is now my devoted student in Taiji...makes you
        wonder, huh? LOL