Introductions and plug

  • Drew Torrens
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
      Hi!  My name is Drew.  Some of you may know me as Kat's roomate.

      I just thought I'd say hello since I normally end up hearing about everything that's going on anyway ;-)

      I tried to join a couple times before, but I'd always had technical problems, so I thought I'd go for a direct approach by sending a message to the group.  Then, for some reason I got put on a "Membership Pending" list.  *sigh*  But finally, I managed to break through!  So hello all!

      I heard about the discussion of "Rose and the Sword" anime, and I just thought I'd suggest Shamanic Princess.  While the love of Tiara for Sarah is subtle, and hard to notice unless you watch the whole series, Tiara IS spending most of the anime trying to save Sarah, and there's a lot of fighting for her, so it could work...  :-)

      ANYWAY, the other purpose to this message is that I know that Kat hasn't yet received submissions from some of you she was expecting to see something from...  You know who you are >-]  <--- evil glare

      You know Kat'll be dissapointed if she doesn't see your submissions, and the deadline is quickly approaching, so GET TO WORK!!!!  :-D

      I'm not normally pushy...  Really...  I've just heard so much talk of procrastination lately (as much of my own mouth as anyone else's) and I'm trying to figure out how to beat it...  *shrug*  Having a complete stranger pushing me doesn't seem to help my work, but it may help some of you.  SO GET TO WORK!!!

      ANYWAY, I'll talk to you all a bit more later, but I've got to finish proofreading the first chunk of a project I'm working on (www.katandnekomanga.ca/Mecha/) now that I've finished spell-checking Kat's lessons...  I just found an opening for a junior game designer, so I've got to get my butt in gear!

      TTFN,
      Drew
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
        >From: "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@...>

        >Hi! My name is Drew. Some of you may know me as Kat's roomate.

        Or a really nice guy in your own right. :-)

        Welcome to the group!

      • Kathryn Williams
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
          > >Hi! My name is Drew. Some of you may know me as Kat's roomate.
          >
          > Or a really nice guy in your own right. :-)

          *nods in agreement* also Yippy no more hearing about how much of a pain
          Yahoo is being to him >^_^<

          ja

          Kat
        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
            > Hi! My name is Drew. Some of you may
            > know me as Kat's roomate.

            Ah the infamous Drew ;p
            I was just beginning to think that maybe you were just Kat's alternate personality she brought out when needed =^.^=

            > I just thought I'd say hello since I normally end
            > up hearing about everything that's going on anyway ;-)

            Let me just say welcome and we're glad to have you!

            *does a little welcome dance*
            You're coming out for Meow Mix ne?

            > I tried to join a couple times before, but I'd
            > always had technical problems, so I thought I'd go for a direct approach by
            > sending a message to the group. Then, for some reason I got put on a
            > "Membership Pending" list. *sigh* But finally, I managed to break
            > through! So hello all!

            Wow...I didn't realize it was so hard to join... red tape tape everywhere but not a scissor in sight...

            > I heard about the discussion of "Rose and the
            > Sword" anime, and I just thought I'd suggest Shamanic Princess. While the
            > love of Tiara for Sarah is subtle, and hard to notice unless you watch the whole
            > series,Tiara IS spending most of the anime trying to save Sarah, and
            > there's a lot of fighting for her, so it could work... :-)

            Hai! Tis true, tis true... although I wouldn't really call it subtle. I thought it was pretty obvious. The only problem being that that kiss with Sarah's brother just kind of gets in your face ;p

            > ANYWAY, the other purpose to this message is that I
            > know that Kat hasn't yet received submissions from some of you she was expecting
            > to see something from... You know who you are >-] <--- evil
            > glare

            o.0~

            > You know Kat'll be dissapointed if she doesn't see
            > your submissions, and the deadline is quickly approaching, so GET TO
            > WORK!!!! :-D

            *does a little panic dance*
            Ne, you'll see it on the 31st no sooner ;p If you're looking from me that is.... =^.^=

            > I'm not normally pushy... Really...
            > I've just heard so much talk of procrastination lately (as much of my own mouth
            > as anyone else's) and I'm trying to figure out how to beat it...
            > *shrug* Having a complete stranger pushing me doesn't seem to help my
            > work, but it may help some of you. SO GET TO WORK!!!

            Third times the charm ne? ;p

            > ANYWAY, I'll talk to you all a bit more later, but
            > I've got to finish proofreading the first chunk of a project I'm working on (www.katandnekomanga.ca/Mecha/)
            > now that I've finished spell-checking Kat's lessons... I just found an
            > opening for a junior game designer, so I've got to get my butt in
            > gear!

            Ganbatte!

            Kun
            ----'-,-{@

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
              >From: Trixterpriest@...

              >Ah the infamous Drew ;p
              >I was just beginning to think that maybe you were just Kat's alternate
              >personality she brought out when needed =^.^=

              No, I can attest to the fact that he is a different person altogether -
              taller and, erm, more relaxed. LOL

            • Kathryn Williams
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
                > >Ah the infamous Drew ;p
                > >I was just beginning to think that maybe you were just Kat's alternate
                > >personality she brought out when needed =^.^=
                >
                > No, I can attest to the fact that he is a different person altogether -
                > taller and, erm, more relaxed. LOL

                HEY! I'm not that high strung... Just emotionaly unstable... x100 >^_^<

                Svet and Drew were talking about all the nice things you were syaing while
                watching them play Dead or Alive at AN that one night... My my I hear you
                really like that game *evil grin* (school girl rumble!)

                ja

                Kat
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
                  >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                  >HEY! I'm not that high strung... Just emotionaly unstable... x100 >^_^<

                  Welll...yeah, but I was being tacful for a change. LOL

                  >Svet and Drew were talking about all the nice things you were syaing while
                  >watching them play Dead or Alive at AN that one night... My my I hear you
                  >really like that game *evil grin* (school girl rumble!)

                  Nice things? I said nice things? Are they sure it wasn't someone else??

                  I love video games - as long as other people play them. I watch them like
                  they're a movie.

                • Alex Picchetti
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 24, 2002
                    >>From: "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@...>

                    >Hi!  My name is Drew.  Some of you may know me as Kat's roomate.

                    Or a really nice guy in your own right. :-)<

                    Or, the guy that gave the catgirl mascot chocolate. At least, I'm pretty sure that was you. ^.~; *is so very, very bad at keeping track of these things* besides, it was months ago! *shifty eyes*

                    *meows and scampers away*

                    Ugh, exams...

                    -Alex
                  • Drew Torrens
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 31, 2002
                      Hi all! I would've written back sooner, but Kat hasn't let me near this
                      computer for a few days ;-) I've been busy with other stuff anyway though,
                      so that's okay. Besides; she's been working crazy hours reworking her
                      website (with a bit of my assistance) and getting her new book polished, and
                      most of what I need to do day to day can be done on one of our other two
                      machines...

                      > Ah the infamous Drew ;p
                      > I was just beginning to think that maybe you were just Kat's alternate
                      personality she brought out when needed =^.^=

                      *GACK* You found me out! Seriously though... We have a lot in common, but
                      we're not THAT alike... As Erica said, I'm much more laid back (well, most
                      of the time, anyway)

                      > Let me just say welcome and we're glad to have you!

                      Good to hear, though I never really had my doubts... Kat's been singing
                      this group's praises for almost a year now ;-)

                      > *does a little welcome dance*
                      > You're coming out for Meow Mix ne?

                      Hmm... don't think I'll have the funds for it, unfortunately, though I'd
                      love to go... I know it wouldn't be like the mistake a friend and I made
                      when we went to a bar in Kingston on "ladies night" Scary... There were
                      several women in that group that looked like they were prepared to kill us
                      :-/ From then on, we made a point of keeping an eye on the schedule ;-)

                      > Wow...I didn't realize it was so hard to join... red tape tape everywhere
                      but not a scissor in sight...

                      It isn't SUPPOSED to be that difficult, but for some reason yahoo doesn't
                      like me... And would you believe that one of my e-mail accounts turned out
                      to be signed up for two islamicnews related groups? I know _I_ didn't sign
                      up for those... *shrug*

                      > > Shamanic Princess. While the
                      > > love of Tiara for Sarah is subtle

                      > Hai! Tis true, tis true... although I wouldn't really call it subtle. I
                      thought it was pretty
                      > obvious. The only problem being that that kiss with Sarah's brother just
                      kind of gets in
                      > your face ;p

                      Mind you, there's the whole thought that it was Sarah's name that she was
                      crying out for when she was in pain, and the whole thing with her brother
                      looked like she just thought of him as a big brother, and may have gotten a
                      bit confused... It happens.

                      > > ANYWAY, I'll talk to you all a bit more later, but
                      > > I've got to finish proofreading the first chunk of a project I'm working
                      on (www.katandnekomanga.ca/Mecha/)
                      > > now that I've finished spell-checking Kat's lessons... I just found an
                      > > opening for a junior game designer, so I've got to get my butt in
                      > > gear!
                      > >

                      > Ganbatte!

                      Thanks! Same back at you!

                      TTFN,
                      Drew
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 31, 2002
                        >From: "Drew Torrens" <drew.torrens@...>

                        > > You're coming out for Meow Mix ne?
                        >
                        >Hmm... don't think I'll have the funds for it, unfortunately, though I'd
                        >love to go... I know it wouldn't be like the mistake a friend and I made
                        >when we went to a bar in Kingston on "ladies night" Scary... There were
                        >several women in that group that looked like they were prepared to kill us
                        >:-/ From then on, we made a point of keeping an eye on the schedule ;-)

                        Meow Mix isn't like that at all - it's always guy friendly. Basically, as
                        long as you guys come on a leash lead by one of us, they're okay with it.
                        LOL

                        >Mind you, there's the whole thought that it was Sarah's name that she was
                        >crying out for when she was in pain, and the whole thing with her brother
                        >looked like she just thought of him as a big brother, and may have gotten a
                        >bit confused... It happens.

                        No, I'm sorry - it doesn't scan. I have NEVER mistaken Pattie's big brother
                        for the object of my affection. LOL

                      • Minionmancer@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 31, 2002
                          <Back from a bout of the Flu Of Fatal Death and lurking>

                          Hi Everyone!

                          Meow Mix, is fun, I hope to make it (work is getting hectic - all these mice, blarg!)!
                          If the Escaflowne movie is playing anywhere near you, GO SEE IT NOW! It's a fine stand-alone, AU version of Esca so no previous knowledge of the TV series is required. The dub is actually very good. The AMC in Times Square is playing both Metropolis and Escaflowne. Two anime movies in the same theater at the same time ... I thought I would never see the day.

                          And now for much-delayed ML comments:
                          Favorite chick with weapon: Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI, the greatest console RPG of all time. This Magitek General may be a 24-bit sprite, but she wields a blue energy sword, can absorb magic attacks, and is gorgeous. She sings opera, too!

                          On Some Book Notes: My library imposed a 40-book limit on me, and a 30-book limit in my dad. He had a smaller limit since he tended to be overdue with his books.
                          Erica, I commend you for breaking the fingers of whoever was bothering you so long ago. I used to have people pick on me on all the time. One day I got fed up and swung the the hardcover I was reading at the guy trying to pull of my glasses behind me. When I looked at the book again I noticed blood on it. That guy had a minor crush on me after that, sheesh ... I guess sometimes you gotta take drastic measures ...

                          Faith: Faith rocks and I want her back and Evil (tm) again. She needs to whip Buffy back into shape.

                          Astrid Lindgren, rest in peace. May Pippi Longstocking live forever ...
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
                            >From: Minionmancer@...

                            > Meow Mix, is fun, I hope to make it (work is getting hectic - all these
                            >mice, blarg!)!

                            We're doing Romantic vids this time - next time, either "tough chicks" (BGC,
                            Sol Bianca) or hentai. Not sure which yet...and we could do some both,
                            actually. I think we'll hold off on karaoke until the summer.

                            > If the Escaflowne movie is playing anywhere near you, GO SEE IT NOW!
                            >It's a fine stand-alone, AU version of Esca so no previous knowledge of the
                            >TV series is required. The dub is actually very good. The AMC in Times
                            >Square is playing both Metropolis and Escaflowne. Two anime movies in the
                            >same theater at the same time ... I thought I would never see the day.

                            I had a chance to see Metropolis as part of BAAF, but I just wasn't
                            motivated. Is Escaflowne more interesting than the TV series? I just
                            couldn't like that one, no matter how hard I tried.

                            >Erica, I commend you for breaking the fingers of whoever was bothering you
                            >so long ago. I used to have people pick on me on all the time. One day I
                            >got fed up and swung the the hardcover I was reading at the guy trying to
                            >pull of my glasses behind me. When I looked at the book again I noticed
                            >blood on it. That guy had a minor crush on me after that, sheesh ... I
                            >guess sometimes you gotta take drastic measures ...

                            Funy, the last guy I beat up is now my devoted student in Taiji...makes you
                            wonder, huh? LOL