“Secret” History of Yaoi and Yuri Panel at AnimeNEXT 2014

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2014

      Join me for The “Secret” History of Yaoi and Yuri panel at AnimeNEXT on Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 5:30!

      We’ll be looking at Heian literature and art to find the earliest mentions of what we would now call Yaoi or Yuri. We’ll trace these elements from magazines for girls of the early 20th century to the shoujo manga revolution of the 1970s to explain all the most popular tropes of BL and Yuri manga and anime.

      As usual, there will be prizes for good questions, so I hope you’ll drop in and say hi!