Viz announces license for the Original Sailor Moon anime

    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2014

      Some exciting news! On top of the new Sailor Moon series, Viz will be releasing all 200 of the original Sailor Moon anime, the movies - and the specials! - with dub and sub.

      Finally the world will get to see Michiru say "A world without Haruka is not a world worth saving." Sigh.

    • Ellen Kuhfeld
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2014
        What? Even Sailor Stars? Yip!

        Ellen

        On 5/16/2014 8:32 PM, anilesbocon01@... [Yuricon] wrote:

        Some exciting news! On top of the new Sailor Moon series, Viz will be releasing all 200 of the original Sailor Moon anime, the movies - and the specials! - with dub and sub.

        Finally the world will get to see Michiru say "A world without Haruka is not a world worth saving." Sigh.

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2014
          This is great. If they are going to re-dub all 200 episodes I wonder how they are going to handle the starlights? Will they use two actors or just have one like the Japanese audio?

          Also didn't sailor stars suddenly develop a case of the perverted camera? I remember so many weird underwear shots in that season...
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2014
            They said they'd be keeping the same genders and relationships, so the Starlights will be the Starlights.

            They were actually changed by the animation team in the '90s from cross-dressing women in the manga to gender-switching in the anime.
          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2014
              That's good but I was wondering more about the voice actors. Are the starlights all going to be played by one or two actors do you think? With Japanese voice acting and character expectations there was nothing wrong with the starlights being played by one actress each but in the English-speaking voice acting world it is less common and also those voice actors who play such roles do so differently.
              Message 6 of 6 , May 18, 2014
                The dub cast hasn't been announced yet.