Strawberry Panic Omnibus

  • lynmarenjensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014

      I just finished reading the "Strawberry Panic" omnibus manga, and I don't think it's a spoiler to say it cuts off in the middle of the story.  Was the end of the story published in Japan but not here, or was the series discontinued before the manga-ka could finish it?  I know the anime runs a slightly different story line but at least it's a completed show.  Does the novel follow the same story as the manga (so we get a finish) or it a completely different story?

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014
        Hi Lynn -

        If you mean the manga omnibus, the Japanese manga was cut off, yes. The official line word was that the manga artists fell sick. I don't know how it was doing in popularity or sales to comment on that.

        As far as I, personally am concerned, the anime and the light novels (which both end,) are both different enough that we have two perfectly decent endings to a very silly series. ^_^

        Cheers,Erica

        From: lynmarenjensen@...
        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:45:21 -0800
        Subject: [Yuricon] Strawberry Panic Omnibus

        I just finished reading the "Strawberry Panic" omnibus manga, and I don't think it's a spoiler to say it cuts off in the middle of the story.  Was the end of the story published in Japan but not here, or was the series discontinued before the manga-ka could finish it?  I know the anime runs a slightly different story line but at least it's a completed show.  Does the novel follow the same story as the manga (so we get a finish) or it a completely different story?

      • 717009d51ed96b33a28910e8f57e5039
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014
          Hi, new member here, so let me know if this reply is in the right place, or if someone else has already answered your question.
          I have the English translation of the manga and light novels as well as the DVD set, though I've only read the first of the three light novels. All three of them have their differences in pacing, but they're all loosely based on some short stories that haven't been released in America. As annoying as it may be to have the manga cut off in the middle, reading the novels and watching the anime will give you a pretty good idea of the direction it was going :-)
        • lynmarenjensen
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2014

            Maybe this is a good time to note that the "Strawberry Panic" anime often has technical issues.  I bought it at a big-box tech store.  The copy I bought was defective.  I took it back and exchanged it.  That copy was defective, too.  That time the store said, "We don't usually do this, but this anime is discontinued, so we'll just give you your money back."  Apparently defective copies of this anime are common.  Someone who wants the anime might be wise to look for it on eBay and get assurance from the seller that the copy isn't defective.