Pondering sexuality and gender on Okazu

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2013
      Recently, I've had a bunch of books on my plate that delve into issues of how intertwined - but not necessarily related - sex, sexuality and gender are. I've reviewed two books recently that deal with the issues in thought-provoking ways:

      "Anything that Loves" is a comic anthology about sexuality, sex and attraction that does not fit within binary pairings (bisexulaity, pansexuality, omnisexuality and other labels for self-identifying) in English from Northwest Press. Including work by Erika Moen, Ellen Forney, Randall Kirby, Jason Thompson, Kate Leth, Leia Weathington, MariNaomi, Bill Roundy and many others, this book was totally worth reading.
      http://okazu.yuricon.com/2013/07/26/summer-reading-lgbtq-comic-anthology-anything-that-loves/

      Shimura Takako's "Wandering Son" Volume 4 fit right into my thoughts about self-identification and attraction that doesn't fit standard binaries.
      http://okazu.yuricon.com/2013/07/30/wandering-son-manga-volume-5-english/

      Today I'm going to be looking at a book that plays with gender roles and does it horribly, unfunnily poorly. Check back later today for a review of "I-girl" - it will post at about 2:30 PM Eastern US time. ^_^; http://okazu.yuricon.com Oh well, not everything's going to be good.