Re: [Yuricon] Possibly already reported here but...

  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18, 2013
      Um... I'm...very sorry. ;.;

      I really really really am Sorry...

      I didn't mean to offend... ;.;

      *goes to silent mode now *

      Kumi

      On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      This is why it's so important to not just randomly repeat everything we see on the internet.

      Everyone of us can learn to track back sources and verify whether a rumor is credible or not. I actually addressed this very issue - and this very rumor - on Okazu back in February of this year:http://okazu.yuricon.com/2013/02/23/yuri-network-news-february-23-2013/

      "When you read a rumor:

      1) Question the premise: Is it *likely*? Is it sensible? Is it probable? Is it plausible?

      If the answer to all 4 of these questions is ‘Yes’ then:

      2) Look for a source.

      Sources are how you track the veracity of a news item.

      ANN always lists its sources. So does Crunchyroll News.So does Okazu

       I just spent some time looking through Japanese Yuri blogs and news sources and found nothing. Nothing anywhere. The only thing I found was that Spanish blog from 5 years ago.

      Next time you come across a Yuri-related rumor, instead of asking me if I’ve heard it, if you do the footwork and track down who said what, where, and report it to me (at anilesbocon01 at hotmail dot com,) then a YNN correspondent is you! You’ll get a fetching badge, and everything. ^_^

      In this case, the post in question was made in 2009 and was immediately retracted. It appears to have been based on Morinaga-sensei commenting on her blog that it would be nice “if.”"

      Cheers,Erica

      Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:11:09 +0800
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Possibly already reported here but...

      Sorry :(  Here I thought I had some 'good' news to report. ^^; GOmen nasai..

      *snuggles all in apology* ^___^

      Kumi

      On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      This is a very old and incorrect report.
      Someone on a Spanish site back in 2008 or 2009 said that and it got spread around, but it wasn't true then and it's not now.

      Other than translations of the manga, it's likely that this is the last we'll hear of this series, since Morinaga-sensei has moved on to a new series. ^_^

      Cheers,Erica

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: pretty.cure@...
      Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 01:00:50 +0800
      Subject: [Yuricon] Possibly already reported here but...

      Dear friends...

      I am probably late in reporting this... but I just saw this news and it blew my mind away...

      (link in Spanish)  Girlfriends anime? O___O yaaayyyyy

      http://unoticias.net/es/9642/

      Kumi-chan

      --
      =============================

      "She's so many women
      He can't find the one who was his friend
      He's hanging on to half her heart
      He can't have the restless part
      So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

      - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.

      --
      =============================

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2013
        You didn't offend at all. Not even a little. This was not a scolding - it was a learning experience.

        Now's your chance to learn from your mistake. Don't waste time groveling, get out there and learn to differentiate rumor from fact!

        Cheers,Erica

        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 19, 2013
          Unoticias is a Spanish-speaking joke site. You can creat jokes there and then share them on Facebook etc to prank people. If you scroll down a bit, you 'll see a laughing face which says "¡Es broma!" (It's a joke).

          Kind regards,

          María

          Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil