Railgun: Ami Koshimizu voices Mugino

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
      I know we are still in the sisters arc of Railgun were there is zero yuri due to the absence of the rest of the cast but I must bring up the pitch perfect acting of Ami Koshimizu in the role of angry level 5 esper Mugino Shizuri.

      This is interesting that such a famous actor is playing Mugino when so often index and railgun have been springs for less well know actors and actresses. Atsushi Abe and Nobuhiko Okamoto won Best Rookie Actor 2010 and Best New Voice Actor 2009 respectively and Satomi Arai won Best Supporting Actress for Kuroko in 2010 making many other anime clammier for her unique voice (Both Okami-san and her twelve companions and Problem children from another world).

      Still I found it to be scarily appropriate casting for the Mugino character who is another favorite of mine. Looking forward to Koshimizu getting to really ham it up as Mugino gets a load of cool lines and easily swears the most out of all the level 5 espers. Yes even more than Accelerator; its close but she wins.

      Other Railgun stuff seems someone else other than myself and one friend of mine remembers the fantastic novel: Dies Irae and has set the first Railgun opening song to some of the action scenes:

      http://youtu.be/_002ptIsRds
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
        I still haven't had a second to watch this. Fancy doing a review?

        Cheers,Erica

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
        > Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 18:13:41 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Railgun: Ami Koshimizu voices Mugino
        >
        > I know we are still in the sisters arc of Railgun were there is zero yuri due to the absence of the rest of the cast but I must bring up the pitch perfect acting of Ami Koshimizu in the role of angry level 5 esper Mugino Shizuri.
        >
        > This is interesting that such a famous actor is playing Mugino when so often index and railgun have been springs for less well know actors and actresses. Atsushi Abe and Nobuhiko Okamoto won Best Rookie Actor 2010 and Best New Voice Actor 2009 respectively and Satomi Arai won Best Supporting Actress for Kuroko in 2010 making many other anime clammier for her unique voice (Both Okami-san and her twelve companions and Problem children from another world).
        >
        > Still I found it to be scarily appropriate casting for the Mugino character who is another favorite of mine. Looking forward to Koshimizu getting to really ham it up as Mugino gets a load of cool lines and easily swears the most out of all the level 5 espers. Yes even more than Accelerator; its close but she wins.
        >
        > Other Railgun stuff seems someone else other than myself and one friend of mine remembers the fantastic novel: Dies Irae and has set the first Railgun opening song to some of the action scenes:
        >
        > http://youtu.be/_002ptIsRds

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
          As I have a strong hunch what the second half of the series may be about I would recommend waiting until then myself.

          I do however have a good feeling about comparing this to the same episodes of Index. But that would be mostly to examine how production and the portrayal of some characters has changed. I could work out some decent material on how Kuroko has changed as this is were she was introduced in the novels to begin with while in Railgun we have known Kuroko for ages.

          Would that be appropriate?

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
            I've read the manga, so I know what happens and what you are probably guessing is correct. ^_^ I know they've changed the anime from the manga a bit, so it's on my list to get to...eventually.

            Anyway, I'd love to have something like that from you! It's always a pleasure to have something from you. ^_^

            Cheers,Erica

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 9, 2013
              Cool I'll get to writing up something.

              My assumption though is not that we shall see adaption of the manga but that we shall see an adaption of two small Railgun ss novels that were released that show Saten becoming friends with Xochitl and the girls going to Arts and Sciences City in California.

              This allows all the other cast members to grab some more spotlight before being shoved aside for the sports festival arc.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 9, 2013
                And gives us something to look forward to! The "Sisters" arc was good, but in the manga, at least, slow, predictable and kind of bereft of much character interaction.

                Thank you kindly. ^_^