Re: [Yuricon] Digest Number 3922

  • Delicious Vodka DeBlair
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2013
      I was mentioning to several people including my mother that Japan surely endorses certain shows there, although I mostly emphasized shows that include something enducational in them [some of my favorites are about art, music and *yes I know, "ewww gross!"* bacteria!]

      Moyoshimon: Tales of Agriculture  http://www.crunchyroll.com/moyashimon has a LITTLE Yuri activity in it... The live drama seriously downplays it even though it makes it a lot steamier at the point, I prefer the animated version much better! But my POINT is that it tells a LOT about microbes, both in the story and in a small ending section of the program, all 100% real information.

      Hidamori Sketch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidamari_Sketch [no premium services I know of at this time]

       and

      GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class http://www.crunchyroll.com/ga-geijutsuka-art-design-class

      are both filled with interesting real world art facts for children and young teens,

      and

      Saki: Episode of Side A http://www.crunchyroll.com/saki-episode-of-side-a both teach about Japanese style Mah Jong while developing several soft Yuri relationships.

      and

      Girls und Panzer Projekt http://www.crunchyroll.com/girls-und-panzer both teach a little bit about historical and modern weaponry [I'm sure this is for guys, although I know a few girls who like it] but also dances around some very light Yuri situations, none of which get terribly serious...

      I know I have seen others, but those are the only ones I can think of at this time.

      I would think that the Ministry of Education likely in some manner endorses and/or supports them based on their actual educational value.

      As far as the Ministry of Culture, I can bet there are more than 10,000 titles out there that would get their approval, I have determined that only about 3% of the anime I watch fails to bring up festivals, temples, kimonos, hot pot, etc, etc, etc... They become the proverbial
      'broken records' of culture it seems.

      But hey...if the story is good, well written, connects with me, makes me laugh, etc, I'm perfectly fine with that! (~_^)-b

      Personally, I think Kimonos are KAWAII! <3 <3 <3 *\(^_^)/*

      I may even get one costom made for me some day....

      Delicious Vodka DeBlair

      1a. New legal, free online anime source - Daisuki.net
          Posted by: "EricaF" anilesbocon01@... atheniag
          Date: Thu May 16, 2013 5:20 pm ((PDT))

      The Japanese Ministry of Culture has invested in Daisuki.net, a free, legal anime streaming site for countries outside of Japan.
      https://www.daisuki.net/