Re: [Yuricon] New legal, free online anime source - Daisuki.net

  • Rinu Cz
    Message 1 of 7 , May 17, 2013
      WOW! I'm speechless. It's official, free and working in my country (at least Sword Art does). That's absolutely awesome. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a paid service since I don't watch anime on a regular basis anymore and chasing new translated series wearisome.

      Thanks for this tip, Erica. You really are a gold mine for such stuff.

      Rinu

      2013/5/17 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>
      The Japanese Ministry of Culture has invested in Daisuki.net, a free, legal anime streaming site for countries outside of Japan.
      https://www.daisuki.net/

      This *should* be global. Please let me know if it does not work for you.
      Where it can be, the anime is HD and there are contests to win figurines and other goods.

      It can't hurt to check it out. ^_^

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Grisznak

        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2013
          It's my genuine pleasure to be able to share news like this.  ^_^

          Cheers,Erica

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , May 17, 2013
            Great! I'm happy to report that, even though it says it requires Mac or Windows, it works fine on my computer: Linux Mint 13 "Maya" under Chromium or Firefox. I had to disable Flashblock for the site, instead of just clicking to enable, which failed. It took about 10 seconds to start after I hit play with either browser. Maybe it was caching.

            I was visiting the Google campus when I read this email and was unable to get it to load on a Chromebook in the lobby. The browser gave an error about protected content.

            I even tried my phone, a Palm Pre 2, but it said: "This protected content can not be played on this mobile platform."

            Anyway, good news about Linux. :) Thanks for letting us know about Daisuki!

            Todd

            Message 5 of 7 , May 17, 2013
              Excellent!!

              If you're outside North America, let me suggest you pen an email of thanks to Daisuki and let them know you appreciate being included. (They can't know if you don't tell them! ^_^)

              > Wow, really? It's too good to be true, there must be something fishy, he he
              > he...
              > Seriously, I'm surprised that it works fine in my country. Hope it will
              > really change something in the world of anime steaming.
              > cheers
              > Grisznak
              >

              > 2013/5/17 Rinu Cz <rinucz@...>
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > WOW! I'm speechless. It's official, free and working in my country (at
              > > least Sword Art does). That's absolutely awesome. Frankly, I wouldn't mind
              > > a paid service since I don't watch anime on a regular basis anymore and
              > > chasing new translated series wearisome.
              > >
              > > Thanks for this tip, Erica. You really are a gold mine for such stuff.
              > >
              > > Rinu
              > >
              > > 2013/5/17 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>
              > >
              > >> The Japanese Ministry of Culture has invested in Daisuki.net, a free,
              > >> legal anime streaming site for countries outside of Japan.
              > >> https://www.daisuki.net/
              > >>
              > >> This *should* be global. Please let me know if it does not work for you.
              > >> Where it can be, the anime is HD and there are contests to win figurines
              > >> and other goods.
              > >>
              > >> It can't hurt to check it out. ^_^
              > >>
              > >> Cheers,
              > >>
              > >> Erica

            • coronet
              Message 6 of 7 , May 19, 2013
                At the moment I can watch Gundam only. Probably because RAI and Mediaset own the rights of the others in Italy. Anyway, I’ve great hopes about this site!
                Obviously I’ve already signed up.
                                                                                                                                                                                             Rob

                --- In mailto:Yuricon%40yahoogroups.com, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:

                > Wow, really? It's too
                good to be true, there must be something fishy, he he
                > he...

                Seriously, I'm surprised that it works fine in my country. Hope it will

                really change something in the world of anime steaming.
                > cheers

                Grisznak

                <anilesbocon01@...>

                href="https://www.daisuki.net/">https://www.daisuki.net/

                > >> This *should* be global. Please let me know if it does
                not work for you.
                > >> Where it can be, the anime is HD and there
                are contests to win figurines
                > >> and other goods.
                > >>
                > >> It can't hurt to check it out. ^_^
                > >>
                > >> Cheers,