Rose of Versailles DVD set 1

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2013
      Just got my shipping confirmation. I think I still have the VHS fansubs for episodes 1-10.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannconradchua@...> wrote:

        > Just got my shipping confirmation. I think I still have the VHS fansubs for
        > episodes 1-10.

        I've kept the entire series on VHS (and a VHS player) because I never actually expected to ever see it on DVD. ^_^

      • Candy
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannconradchua@...> wrote:

          > Just got my shipping confirmation. I think I still have the VHS fansubs for
          > episodes 1-10.

          I got my copy today. I'm excited to finally own it but there is one graphic design 'issue' I have with it.

          The box looks dirty. At first I thought that somehow through the packaging process that it had actually gotten dirty. Upon inspection on the official rightstuf page I see that it's suppose to look like that.

          I'm guessing it's suppose to be a visual representation of how 'old' in a sense that the Rose of Versailles is (and of course the French Revolution that it 'retells') but when my first reaction is to contact rightstuf and ask for a new copy because my box came dirty I think they should rethink how to do the antiquing for the second box.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
            My set just arrived and I totally see what you mean. It might have been a good idea in theory, but yeah, it doesn't really work. ^_^;