Rica Takashima's new Art Project - she can use our help!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15 7:11 PM
      Our own Rica Takashima is bringing her Aliens in New York art project to life, at last. Donate on Artspire and help create her art!

      http://artspire.org/DirectoryDetail/tabid/95/id/1406/Default.aspx
    • Koemy@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15 9:02 PM
        Hi All,

        I have  been working on the Peekaboo-art project for decades and I really want you all try on and enjoy these peekaboo sculptures.
        I am an “Alien” who immigrated to New York five years ago.
        I met many Aliens and have been inspired by the diversity of this city and created “Aliens in New York.”
        Actually, I was an Aliens even in Japan.
        I felt very isolated since my childhood, because I love girls, you know.

        And here I met many Aliens from many culture and even American people.
        I think it might be interesting to see many many Peekaboo-kun sculpture standing somewhere in Manhattan and everybody poke their faces, transforming to be somebody.
        A man may resist putting his face into the Peekaboo-kun of a pregnant woman and taking a photograph.
        Why is there resistence?
        Why be shocked?

        We are not able to see and understand ourself without strangers and, aliens.
        I will have a mini art show at a local culture night on May 10th in 2013.
        and next, more than 100 boards of Peekaboo-kun sculptures art show at Socrates Sculpture Park next spring.
        I will use half area of the park. You will see the art show in scenery skyline of Manhattan and Roosebelt Island.
        Have you ever seen more than 100 peekaboo boards all at once?

        Please go to my page on NY foundation for the Arts, I needs your help. to bring the art show be real.
        I really appreciate you for your support.

        Face Book page: Click LIKE and follow me  (><)♡
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliens-in-New-York-art-project/300219990107200

        Love, Peace and Arts,
        Rica Takashima

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 11:27 AM
          Thank you, Rica. I'll do everything I can to get the word out!