Re: [Yuricon] jmanga.com closing down in May

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14 4:14 AM
      On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:

      On 14-Mar-2013 07:35 +0000, toddashi wrote:

      > http://www.jmanga.com/urgent_message
      >
      > I am sad to see it going away. Anyone recommend some alternatives? :(

      Very frustrating. Apparently Dark Horse, Yen Press, Kodansha and Viz
      have digital services, but I fear those of us outside the US are now
      back to grey-market imports of dead trees as our best option.

      I'm in the Philippines and can use the Dark Horse Digital website and Android app, though I've only downloaded free issues. Not much manga available yet.

      Can't use the Viz app. Haven't tried Yen Press's yet.
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14 8:49 AM
        On 14-Mar-2013 19:14 +0800, Johann Chua wrote:

        > I'm in the Philippines and can use the Dark Horse Digital website and
        > Android app, though I've only downloaded free issues. Not much manga
        > available yet.
        >
        > Can't use the Viz app. Haven't tried Yen Press's yet.

        Useful information - thanks. emanga.com looks as though it may sell
        DRM-free epub and cbz files, which is pretty much an ideal method to my
        mind, but at first glance they seem to have a BL/yaoi focus. Definitely
        bears further investigation, though.
        .oO("BECAUSE THE DRIVERS AREN'T INSTALLED" )
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14 10:04 AM
          If you can manage a little Japanese, I'd also recommend Tsubomi's Wec Comic site: http://tsu-bo-mi.jp/webcomic/ and for really obscure manga, JComi: http://www.j-comi.jp/