Okazu Post in Academic Journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2013
      Last year I wrote a blog post on Okazu about Maria-sama ga Miteru, Bodacious Space Pirates, The Bechdel Test and portrayals of women in anime that were genuinely strong (as opposed to the gstrong womanh trope of body-suited chick with big gun). The article has now been published in an academic online journal on feminist studies, labrys. Itfs been cleaned up so there is less presumption of knowledge of the series discussed for non-fan readers, so please feel free to share the link with media and feminist studies folks.

      Itfs a Womanfs World: Maria-sama ga Miteru, Bodacious Space Pirates, gstrong womenh and the Bechdel Test:
      http://okazu.yuricon.com/2013/03/12/okazu-news-okazu-post-in-academic-online-journal/