Re: [Yuricon] Digest Number 3890

  • Delicious Vodka DeBlair
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2013
      As an avid reader of both digitized wecomics and scanlated manga, I see no superiority one over the other if one tries to any extent to distinguish them as separate genre, I see both has having works I enjoy and works I decry.

      Also, many of the webcomics I read are drawn virtually indistinguishable from manga in visual appearances, making the line blur ever so much more so.

      My requirements for a picture story is content based primarily, not on artistic form.

      As much as I enjoy Chinese Kung Fu movies, I also enjoy American ones, inasmuch as whether or not they are well made or if they are "cheesy" and cheap.

      The same goes for yuri. If its done well, I like it and if its done badly, I dislike it.

      Granted, what is good for some if bad for others, I saw "Brother Dear Brother" and hated it, as well as one [can't remember the name, don't care to look it up] about a girl who decided to beat her future husband in baseball breaking the heart of one yuri girl while same said yuri girl broke the heart of another yuri girl.

      "Almost yuri" in any form infuriates me to no end actually. Other may say its legitimate but I say its anti-yuri as if to say to young girls: "And let this be a lesson to you to go straight and stay straight!"

      I say the same thing about yuri tragedies: even if in Japan that is heralded as the ultimate for of love, I say they're full of garbage.

      All I care is that it comes to a happy ending without a hetero romance.

      I have seen some stuff hailed as manga which I was thinking was comic books, and stuff called comics which seemed more manga to me.

      I think its a pretty blurry line to cross personally.