Re: [Yuricon] What does *your* Top Ten Yuri List for 2012 look like?

  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 12, 2013

      Sorry to pop in like this again...And while I do LOVE Milk Morinaga's stuff...I have a concern..and I hope I don't offend anyone by bringing it up. *^^*

       But I just got my copy of Girlfriends Collection vol 1 from my local Kino...and was enjoying it greatly..until near the end of volume one.

      Mariko said she went all the way with her boyfriend so she could be like Akiko.  It kind of...ruined the story for me at this point.   It almost feels like it's going down a Nana route or a road some other shows have, where it features the girls sleeping with various guys to prove ...well prove something.

      I enjoyed Volume 1 greatly, and was planning to buy volume 2, but am now afraid to get it, in case it just turns into a "Let's prove we love one another by sleeping with guys"  campaign. :(  Can anyone tell me if I've gotten the wrong idea...if so I would really be happy to hear that.

      Again..sorry for this mail..and hope I didn't upset - I know Milk-san is very well known, and I do love her manga...but this story..just scared me a bit.  Any advice or heads up on this story?

      Kumiko.

      ------------------------------
      "She's so many women
      He can't find the one who was his friend
      He's hanging on to half her heart
      He can't have the restless part
      So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

      - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 12, 2013
        No you are wrong, trust me! I won't spoil it, but its a drama thing. No, neither of em end up sleeping with guys, this is whole heartedly a yuri manga, no bad ends or anything. Don't worry, the 2nd book will more than make up for the end of the first. Believe me I'm a yuri purist (whatever that means) and I'm very picky, i usually only pick all or almost all female cast shows (Strawberry Panic!, Candy Boy (counterintuitave title i know), Simoun, Kanamemo). Believe me you'll like the 2nd book, and no it doesn't go down that route!

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 13, 2013
          Thank you SOOOOO much..I'm so glad to hear that!!!! That's ALL I needed to know!

          *hugs thanks*

          Kumi.

          --
          =============================

          "She's so many women
          He can't find the one who was his friend
          He's hanging on to half her heart
          He can't have the restless part
          So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

          - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.
        • annelise vlacich
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 13, 2013
            It's not like that :) It's a beautiful story, but I don't want to give away too much.
            -
            Annelise

            To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013

              I have that as part of my collection, I say go buy it and I swear (and I don't really swear that often...) you WON'T regret it :)

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                Thanks everyone...I trust your advice implicitly.. :)

                BTW...has anyone seen Tamako Market?  It appears to have the making of a cute lovely one-sided Yuri romance. *^^*

                (at least according to episode 2 and 3) XD

                Kumi.