RE: [Yuricon] Re: What does *your* Top Ten Yuri List for 2012 look like?

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 25, 2012
      Hi Mara - I agree wholeheartedly. There's room for growth there, but I find myself turning to them often now.

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 25, 2012
        I am terribly sorry, my hand slipped and I quite accidentally deleted your comment. But I'll respond to it in any case.

        Whether you liked any of them or not, Yuru Yuri has at least four potential Yuri pairings, and Chitose, whose Yuri fantasies are very Yuri.

        Homura's story in Madoka is as Yuri as any Yuri we used to get.

        Bodacious Space Pirates has a very wonderful very Yuri couple, who kiss on screen for us.

        No there was no Aoi Hana or Strawberry Panic this year. But then, those happen rarely at all. ^_^

      • Kumiko Yamazaki
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 12, 2013

          Sorry to pop in like this again...And while I do LOVE Milk Morinaga's stuff...I have a concern..and I hope I don't offend anyone by bringing it up. *^^*

           But I just got my copy of Girlfriends Collection vol 1 from my local Kino...and was enjoying it greatly..until near the end of volume one.

          Mariko said she went all the way with her boyfriend so she could be like Akiko.  It kind of...ruined the story for me at this point.   It almost feels like it's going down a Nana route or a road some other shows have, where it features the girls sleeping with various guys to prove ...well prove something.

          I enjoyed Volume 1 greatly, and was planning to buy volume 2, but am now afraid to get it, in case it just turns into a "Let's prove we love one another by sleeping with guys"  campaign. :(  Can anyone tell me if I've gotten the wrong idea...if so I would really be happy to hear that.

          Again..sorry for this mail..and hope I didn't upset - I know Milk-san is very well known, and I do love her manga...but this story..just scared me a bit.  Any advice or heads up on this story?

          Kumiko.

          ------------------------------
          "She's so many women
          He can't find the one who was his friend
          He's hanging on to half her heart
          He can't have the restless part
          So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

          - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 12, 2013
            No you are wrong, trust me! I won't spoil it, but its a drama thing. No, neither of em end up sleeping with guys, this is whole heartedly a yuri manga, no bad ends or anything. Don't worry, the 2nd book will more than make up for the end of the first. Believe me I'm a yuri purist (whatever that means) and I'm very picky, i usually only pick all or almost all female cast shows (Strawberry Panic!, Candy Boy (counterintuitave title i know), Simoun, Kanamemo). Believe me you'll like the 2nd book, and no it doesn't go down that route!

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 13, 2013
              Thank you SOOOOO much..I'm so glad to hear that!!!! That's ALL I needed to know!

              *hugs thanks*

              Kumi.

              --
              =============================

              "She's so many women
              He can't find the one who was his friend
              He's hanging on to half her heart
              He can't have the restless part
              So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

              - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.
            • annelise vlacich
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 13, 2013
                It's not like that :) It's a beautiful story, but I don't want to give away too much.
                -
                Annelise

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013

                  I have that as part of my collection, I say go buy it and I swear (and I don't really swear that often...) you WON'T regret it :)

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                    Thanks everyone...I trust your advice implicitly.. :)

                    BTW...has anyone seen Tamako Market?  It appears to have the making of a cute lovely one-sided Yuri romance. *^^*

                    (at least according to episode 2 and 3) XD

                    Kumi.