Re: [Yuricon] What does *your* Top Ten Yuri List for 2012 look like?

  • Grisznak
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 19, 2012
      Good question... Let me think... I would mention "Otoboku: Futari no Elder", because of the very good lesbian character, although she wasn't important, but she reminded me Sei from Marimite a bit.
      But speaking about yuri anime... well, we had "Yuru Yuri" and...Yuru Yuri 2. Did I missed something? Not a big choice, so.

      2012/12/18 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>

      It's that time of year again. I'm working on my Top Ten Yuri Lists for 2012.

      What were *your* top Yuri series, creators, magazines, companies or people of the year?

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 21, 2012
        *No* good anime? I guess we like very different things. And I don't mean Yuru Yuri, which I have not watched. ^_^

        My Top Yuri Anime list will post after Christmas.

        > Good question... Let me think... I would mention "Otoboku: Futari no
        > Elder", because of the very good lesbian character, although she wasn't
        > important, but she reminded me Sei from Marimite a bit.
        > But speaking about yuri anime... well, we had "Yuru Yuri" and...Yuru Yuri
        > 2. Did I missed something? Not a big choice, so.
        >
        > 2012/12/18 EricaF <anilesbocon01@...>
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > It's that time of year again. I'm working on my Top Ten Yuri Lists for
        > > 2012.
        > >
        > > What were *your* top Yuri series, creators, magazines, companies or people
        > > of the year?

      • iatheia
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 21, 2012
          Utakoi had an amazing yuri-filled episode. It had a very deep portrayal of lesbianism in Heian era and what it meant to the parties at hand. Nyaruko and Ebiten were pure fanservice, but fanservice of epic proportions nonetheless. Perfect guilty pleasure series. Bodacious Space Pirates had poor execution (don't get me started on those blushes), and it's plot wandered about like a drunk sailor, but at times it was amuzing nonetheless.
          Rinne no Lagrange and Saki: Sequel That Is Prequel are yuri, but they bored me to death, the first because of excess of mechas and second because of lack of mahjong.
          I've heard some things about Shin Sekai Yori, mid-way through, but their lack of attention to plot in episode two completely terrifies me.

          Other than that, yeah, can't think of anything else. It was rather a poor year for yuri anime.

          > It's that time of year again. I'm working on my Top Ten Yuri Lists for 2012.
          >
          > What were *your* top Yuri series, creators, magazines, companies or people of the year?

        • mara_papimer
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 24, 2012
            Jmanga.

            In one year Jmanga went from something I had a subscription to to read about two things to my main source for a whole lot of my truly enjoyable manga.

            As it is online Jmanga need to add now are long Jump comics that I don't collect purely because of shelf space.

            Also showing me things I did not know about but ended up being great such as Madame JOKER and MOEHIME.

            I'd read Gintama or JoJo on Jmanga when I would not buy it in print because I know it will go on and on and I would have no place to put it. But I would buy it on Jmanga.

            But mainly it is that all the yuri I love is now on Jmanga. From Sweet blue flowers to HARU-NATSU-AKI-FUYU to HANJUKU-JOSHI. So much stuff I love is on this service now in a mere year I cannot imagine time without it.

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 25, 2012
              Hi Mara - I agree wholeheartedly. There's room for growth there, but I find myself turning to them often now.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 25, 2012
                I am terribly sorry, my hand slipped and I quite accidentally deleted your comment. But I'll respond to it in any case.

                Whether you liked any of them or not, Yuru Yuri has at least four potential Yuri pairings, and Chitose, whose Yuri fantasies are very Yuri.

                Homura's story in Madoka is as Yuri as any Yuri we used to get.

                Bodacious Space Pirates has a very wonderful very Yuri couple, who kiss on screen for us.

                No there was no Aoi Hana or Strawberry Panic this year. But then, those happen rarely at all. ^_^

              • Kumiko Yamazaki
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 12, 2013

                  Sorry to pop in like this again...And while I do LOVE Milk Morinaga's stuff...I have a concern..and I hope I don't offend anyone by bringing it up. *^^*

                   But I just got my copy of Girlfriends Collection vol 1 from my local Kino...and was enjoying it greatly..until near the end of volume one.

                  Mariko said she went all the way with her boyfriend so she could be like Akiko.  It kind of...ruined the story for me at this point.   It almost feels like it's going down a Nana route or a road some other shows have, where it features the girls sleeping with various guys to prove ...well prove something.

                  I enjoyed Volume 1 greatly, and was planning to buy volume 2, but am now afraid to get it, in case it just turns into a "Let's prove we love one another by sleeping with guys"  campaign. :(  Can anyone tell me if I've gotten the wrong idea...if so I would really be happy to hear that.

                  Again..sorry for this mail..and hope I didn't upset - I know Milk-san is very well known, and I do love her manga...but this story..just scared me a bit.  Any advice or heads up on this story?

                  Kumiko.

                  ------------------------------
                  "She's so many women
                  He can't find the one who was his friend
                  He's hanging on to half her heart
                  He can't have the restless part
                  So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

                  - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 12, 2013
                    No you are wrong, trust me! I won't spoil it, but its a drama thing. No, neither of em end up sleeping with guys, this is whole heartedly a yuri manga, no bad ends or anything. Don't worry, the 2nd book will more than make up for the end of the first. Believe me I'm a yuri purist (whatever that means) and I'm very picky, i usually only pick all or almost all female cast shows (Strawberry Panic!, Candy Boy (counterintuitave title i know), Simoun, Kanamemo). Believe me you'll like the 2nd book, and no it doesn't go down that route!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 13, 2013
                      Thank you SOOOOO much..I'm so glad to hear that!!!! That's ALL I needed to know!

                      *hugs thanks*

                      Kumi.

                      --
                      =============================

                      "She's so many women
                      He can't find the one who was his friend
                      He's hanging on to half her heart
                      He can't have the restless part
                      So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

                      - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.
                    • annelise vlacich
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 13, 2013
                        It's not like that :) It's a beautiful story, but I don't want to give away too much.
                        -
                        Annelise

                        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013

                          I have that as part of my collection, I say go buy it and I swear (and I don't really swear that often...) you WON'T regret it :)

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                            Thanks everyone...I trust your advice implicitly.. :)

                            BTW...has anyone seen Tamako Market?  It appears to have the making of a cute lovely one-sided Yuri romance. *^^*

                            (at least according to episode 2 and 3) XD

                            Kumi.