Re: Street date today: Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1!

  • Candy
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
      I got mine today. Amazon had release date delivery on them :D. I love her art style. It's just so cute <3

      > Hitting shelves and shipping companies near you today: Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935934899?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1935934899&linkCode=xm2&tag=yuricon-20

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
        I can't wait! I preordered this like a month and a half ago. I'll have a hard copy soon, woohoo!

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2012
          On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 20:57:54 -0000, "EricaF"
          <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

          > Hitting shelves and shipping companies near you today: Morinaga
          > Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1

          My copy just arrived. I am making my happy face.

          (I have a feeling the translation feels slightly more natural than
          JManga's, but I've not read the whole thing or compared the two yet.
          For all I know they're using the same script. ;)
          .oO("no dodgy yankanised spelling" )
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2012

            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: adam@...
            > Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 17:31:41 +0100
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Street date today: Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1!
            >
            > On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 20:57:54 -0000, "EricaF"
            > <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hitting shelves and shipping companies near you today: Morinaga
            > > Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1
            >
            > My copy just arrived. I am making my happy face.
            >
            > (I have a feeling the translation feels slightly more natural than
            > JManga's, but I've not read the whole thing or compared the two yet.
            > For all I know they're using the same script. ;)

            It's not the same script. Seven Seas used Ana Moreno, who did Strawberry Panic for them, and JManga used we don't know who, but I think I can guess. The comments on the first few pages of the JManga version were instrumental in ALC being asked to do localization for JManga. ^_^

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2012
              I got my hard copy today! Its great, just like what I read online, and the translation is good. Wonderful!

              I can't wait! I preordered this like a month and a half ago. I'll have a hard copy soon, woohoo!

              Hitting shelves and shipping companies near you today: Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1

              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935934899?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1935934899&linkCode=xm2&tag=yuricon-20

            • shanejayell2000
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 5, 2012
                Got my copy. BIG book. :D

                > Hitting shelves and shipping companies near you today: Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1
                >
                > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935934899?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1935934899&linkCode=xm2&tag=yuricon-20

              • Ashley Maddocks
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2012
                  Got mine to, Got it Friday! I was so excited to read it i took it to school with me. I haven't even finished it. Very fat book.

                • umlando
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 12, 2012
                    Very nice translation - interesting differences from scanlation. It reads really well (so far), and the print job is great. The omnibus is huge, though. I almost wish it came out by volume.

                    > Hitting shelves and shipping companies near you today: Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends, Volume 1
                    >
                    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935934899?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1935934899&linkCode=xm2&tag=yuricon-20

                  • Annelise486
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 19, 2012
                      It says "The Complete Collection 1," so what does the second complete collection have in it? Are they the same with different covers or do they contain different content?

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 20, 2012
                        Seven Seas has collected the 5 original volumes into 2 omnibus volumes. Complete Collection 1 contains the first half and 2 contains the second half of the series.

                        I hope that helps!

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 9, 2012
                          And the wait is agonizing! I read through the whole first one accidently on the first night I got it. The 2nd one comes out in January I think and I can't wait!