Re: Is 2012 a Good Year for Yuri?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 17, 2012
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

      > Well, I got it right about this year being an even year, meaning good for yuri. Maybe I ought to mark my calender: 2013, look for more yaoi, 2014, look for more yuri.

      Not that this is important, but it's been odd-numbered year that have been good for Yuri since 2003. It's just that this year happens to be even-numbered, which I take to mean that all years from now on will be good for Yuri. ^_^

    • Lyn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 18, 2012
        I have the same response for you and Delicious Vodka DeBlair:

        If it's the odd-numbered years that are good for yuri, and the even-numbered years for yaoi, then I guess we need to look at what's happened ins 2012 that's good for yaoi: although VIZ launched its new yaoi line SbBLime in Dec. most of its activity has been in 2012 w/ both print and e-versions. DMP continues its high level of yaoi activity, Yen's "Black Butler" is a mainstream hit, and Media Blasters may also have some fresh activity before the year's out.

        Erica already summed up in an earlier post the good things that have happened in yuri this year. So if this year has been a good year for yuri so far, and odd-numbered years are best for yuri, then 2013 must be going to be splendid!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 18, 2012
          We don't really track what years are good for BL, since that's not really on-topic here.

          You're making a lot of what was merely a notation about a trend over the past 10 years. It's not a rule, or even a guideline, just something that happened from 2003-2011.

          Cheers,Erica