OT: Arcana Famiglia anime this season

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 5:32 PM
      So yeah, this is going WAY off topic for this mailing list but as the only vaguely yuri show I can see in the previews for this next season is Yuruyuri ♪♪ I just thought I would highlight this as something to keep everyone sane.

      The main plot is summered here far better than I can manage: http://koiiro.wordpress.com/category/otome/arcana-famiglia/

      This is an anime adaptation of a lovely otome game by the same name, the reason I am mentioning it is because the main character Felicita is one of the best Otome game heroines I have come across.

      If you look at the previews you will see that the main story is Felicita preparing for a tournament that her farther put in place to decide her husband. Once married she would not be allowed outside the family compound.

      Not only does Felicita intend to compete in this tournament to prevent an arranged marriage; her reaction in the game upon hearing this is to challenge her farther to a fight then and there to end this problem before it can even begin. She looses (be not plot otherwise) but not before kicking him square in the side of the head.

      It was very nice to see an otome game where the main character is as pro-active as that. Often the whole point is to support the character whose route you are on as the beautiful boy characters are the main focus of this genre.

      In Arcana Famiglia, all the best endings are when Felicita wins the duels and the final boss is nearly always the guy you are trying to capture. I hope the anime keeps this aspect of the game.