Re: Where can I buy this anime....?

  • Tamara Banta
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
      Ah, good to know.  Guess I'm fairly uneducated about what's legit "out there."  I definitely don't download anything, but now I know that if something isn't available to buy anywhere, it's probably good to avoid it online.

      Thanks for the good info for the newbie.  : P

      Tamara
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
        My pleasure.

        A really great resource for this kind of thing is Animenewsnetwork.com They have a very comprehensive anime and manga encyclopedia that lists companies that have licensed the anime or manga, any news about it, the casts in whatever languages.

        For instance, Candy Boy's entry is here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9001

        You can see that it was originally released Online (ONA) and then had DVDs. Under the credits you'll see lists of the Japanese cast, crew and staff, which indicates that it was released in Japan. If there was a licensed release in another language, someone is likely to update that with the cast, crew and staff of the licensing company.

        It's a great, quick way to learn about the anime and manga you like and where it is legally available. ^-^

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tamara Banta <tebanta@...> wrote:

        > Ah, good to know. Guess I'm fairly uneducated about what's legit "out
        > there." I definitely don't download anything, but now I know that if
        > something isn't available to buy anywhere, it's probably good to avoid it
        > online.
        >
        > Thanks for the good info for the newbie. : P
        >
        > Tamara

      • Tamara Banta
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
          That is so helpful and cool.  I want to support the folks who give us this awesome anime and manga, so this will help me know where I can legitimately spend my meager $.  Thanks much.

          And off-topic, this is our Pride weekend in Portland OR, and I'm thinking that NEXT year I will be sporting an "I love Yuri" t-shirt......didn't think of it in time this year   *grumble, grumble*.  Happy Pride month!

          Tamara
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
            It's my pleasure to assist. ^_^

            Awww...next year, and send pictures!