Where can I buy this anime....?

  • tamara_new_fan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hi, all.  I've been lurking around here for a while, and really enjoy reading all of the anime and manga reviews, recommendations, etc.  Hopefully someone can help me out with this:  Where can I buy a Candy Boy dvd set?  (If at all.) With all episodes (I believe there are 7, plus an episode 0 and special 1 and 2; is that correct?)  I've watched it on the internet, but when I've looked around to buy it, it's not to be found.  So, any info about where I can get a legit copy of this series would be fantastic.  Thanks!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012
        Hi there!

        Unfortunately, you can't find it. It's never been legitimately licensed or produced in English, so what you watched online were illicitly produced fansubs.

        As far as I know, the only DVDs for that were Japanese releases.

        PS - As a reminder to list members, it's Yuricon policy to *not* support fansubs or scanlations, so please do not try to be "helpful" and point this person to illegal (and IMHO immoral) bootlegs on this list. Thanks very much.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "tamara_new_fan" <tebanta@...> wrote:

        > Hi, all. I've been lurking around here for a while, and really enjoy
        > reading all of the anime and manga reviews, recommendations, etc.
        > Hopefully someone can help me out with this: Where can I buy a Candy
        > Boy dvd set? (If at all.) With all episodes (I believe there are 7,
        > plus an episode 0 and special 1 and 2; is that correct?) I've watched
        > it on the internet, but when I've looked around to buy it, it's not to
        > be found. So, any info about where I can get a legit copy of this
        > series would be fantastic. Thanks!

      • Tamara Banta
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
          Ah, good to know.  Guess I'm fairly uneducated about what's legit "out there."  I definitely don't download anything, but now I know that if something isn't available to buy anywhere, it's probably good to avoid it online.

          Thanks for the good info for the newbie.  : P

          Tamara
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
            My pleasure.

            A really great resource for this kind of thing is Animenewsnetwork.com They have a very comprehensive anime and manga encyclopedia that lists companies that have licensed the anime or manga, any news about it, the casts in whatever languages.

            For instance, Candy Boy's entry is here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9001

            You can see that it was originally released Online (ONA) and then had DVDs. Under the credits you'll see lists of the Japanese cast, crew and staff, which indicates that it was released in Japan. If there was a licensed release in another language, someone is likely to update that with the cast, crew and staff of the licensing company.

            It's a great, quick way to learn about the anime and manga you like and where it is legally available. ^-^

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tamara Banta <tebanta@...> wrote:

            > Ah, good to know. Guess I'm fairly uneducated about what's legit "out
            > there." I definitely don't download anything, but now I know that if
            > something isn't available to buy anywhere, it's probably good to avoid it
            > online.
            >
            > Thanks for the good info for the newbie. : P
            >
            > Tamara

          • Tamara Banta
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
              That is so helpful and cool.  I want to support the folks who give us this awesome anime and manga, so this will help me know where I can legitimately spend my meager $.  Thanks much.

              And off-topic, this is our Pride weekend in Portland OR, and I'm thinking that NEXT year I will be sporting an "I love Yuri" t-shirt......didn't think of it in time this year   *grumble, grumble*.  Happy Pride month!

              Tamara
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
                It's my pleasure to assist. ^_^

                Awww...next year, and send pictures!