Re: Serious question about fundraising a LGBTQ Youth project

    Message 1 of 33 , May 23, 2012
      Yes, we know all about that. The idea here is to determine if there's any chance at all they we could make the goal we have in mind. So far we have "raised" $15, but 5 people have told us all about Kickstarter (which we knew about.)

      This is why I'm doing this question - my guess is that everyone wants to "help" us with advice, but very few people will weigh in with a desire to donate money.

      If there's no chance of reaching our goal, we aren't going to take the time to set up a project. That would be a waste of time. So, this question is purely market research. ^-^

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Rinu CZ <rinucz@...> wrote:

      > By the way, if you have a certain amount in mind you'd like to/need to
      > reach, it'd be nice to try http://www.kickstarter.com/.
      >
      > Rinu
      >
      > 2012/5/23 Todd Allis <ashi@...>:
      > > I would be willing to! I think it's a great idea.
      > >
      > > Todd
      > >
      > > On Wed, 23 May 2012, EricaF wrote:
      > >
      > >> Rica and I are thinking about putting "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" up online for free, so LGBTQ youth all over the world can access it any time, from any device.
      > >>
      > >> Here's the question: Would you be willing to donate to a project like that? If you would actually donate money to a project to do that (not just emotional support, but actual cash) please respond to this post A response is not a commitment, but we'd appreciate it if you considered it seriously before just saying yes. ^_^ We're trying to get a feel for what kind of support we have in the Yuricon community.
      > >>
      > >> Thanks!
      > >>
      > >> Cheers,
      > >>
      > >> Erica & Rica

    • samantha