Re: [Yuricon] What are we watching? Spring 2012 edition

  • Ellen Kuhfeld
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2012
      I've been distracted by all the Bronies, so I'm watching My Little Pony. Any children's show where the ponies form a conga line and do the time-warp (yes, that time warp) is worth a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3skUmfydYU . It's probably an AMV, but it fits so well ...

      Ellen

      On 5/6/2012 1:29 PM, EricaF wrote:

      It's been an unprecendented year for us Yuri lovers, which series of all kinds to appeal to just about anyone.

      I'm watching:

      Jormungand: No surprise here, crazy, violent women, and some Yuri seasoning thrown in for fun.

      Bodacious Space Pirates: I was enjoying the heck out of this anyway, then it went all Yuri on us. Jenny x Lyn FTW. But even aside from this, such a very, very fun series. Classic space opera + pirate-y stuff.

      Saki Achiga-hen: After getting used to the lack of service in BSP, I had to get re-used to the slacious, lingering gaze at breasts, thighs and skirt hems of Saki. But once I remembered how to tune that all out, it went back to being a silly, enjoyable anime series about a game I'll never care about. ^_^

      Fate/Zero - I don't care what the plot is actually about. I know why *I'm* watching this series. ^_^ Saber and Irisviel make a nice couple.

      Smile Precure- Not as fantastic as Heartcatch and not even as good as Suite, but there's some fun elements.

      OZMA - Wrapped up quickly, which was good, as the underlying theme was weak, but it was really nice to see Matsumoto Leiji's work again.

      Revolutionary Girl Utena - Still working on the Apocalypse arc. Slowly, so I can savor every detail.

      To-watch: Dear Brother on Viki.com It's been, gosh, ten, fifteen years since I first saw it? It'll be interesting to get back into really intense shoujo drama.

      This is a good season for me, I don't think I've watched this much in ages.

      How about you? What are you watching?

    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8, 2012
        The only X-rated yuri titles that I know are "Sono Hanabira..." and "Shoujo Sect". AFAIK none of them was ever licensed.
        cheers
        Grisznak

        2012/5/7 Lyn <lynmarenjensen@...>

        I've been more into anime this year than in previous years: Vampire Knight, Kizuna, Loveless, Gakuen Heaven.

        There's a sex shop near where I live that sells X-rated anime, but no yaoi or yuri. I plan to go in there w/ paper and pen someday, write down the titles, and see if I can find anything more about them.

        > It's been an unprecendented year for us Yuri lovers, which series of all kinds to appeal to just about anyone.
        >
        > I'm watching:
        >
        > Jormungand: No surprise here, crazy, violent women, and some Yuri seasoning thrown in for fun.
        >
        > Bodacious Space Pirates: I was enjoying the heck out of this anyway, then it went all Yuri on us. Jenny x Lyn FTW. But even aside from this, such a very, very fun series. Classic space opera + pirate-y stuff.
        >
        > Saki Achiga-hen: After getting used to the lack of service in BSP, I had to get re-used to the slacious, lingering gaze at breasts, thighs and skirt hems of Saki. But once I remembered how to tune that all out, it went back to being a silly, enjoyable anime series about a game I'll never care about. ^_^
        >
        > Fate/Zero - I don't care what the plot is actually about. I know why *I'm* watching this series. ^_^ Saber and Irisviel make a nice couple.
        >
        > Smile Precure- Not as fantastic as Heartcatch and not even as good as Suite, but there's some fun elements.
        >
        > OZMA - Wrapped up quickly, which was good, as the underlying theme was weak, but it was really nice to see Matsumoto Leiji's work again.
        >
        > Revolutionary Girl Utena - Still working on the Apocalypse arc. Slowly, so I can savor every detail.
        >
        > To-watch: Dear Brother on Viki.com It's been, gosh, ten, fifteen years since I first saw it? It'll be interesting to get back into really intense shoujo drama.
        >
        > This is a good season for me, I don't think I've watched this much in ages.
        >
        > How about you? What are you watching?

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8, 2012
          Oh? Interesting.

          My I ask where, this place that has "Madoka magika" on TV, is?

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "tregingigan" <coronet@...> wrote:

          > Mh, there are several of these shows which are not available here, yet. Among the spring series I can watch, I'd say my favourite ones are:
          >
          > On Crunchyroll
          > Nyarko san-Another crawling chaos – Ok, it isn't exactly a masterpiece, just to put it mildly, but it's surely better than average in it's genre. 30 minutes of light hearted enjoyment a week with some yuri inside.
          >
          > Shirokumakun cafe- I's so sweet and relaxed!
          >
          > On national television
          > Madoka magika- Best majokko anime, since in ten years or so IMHO. Oh, this is a spring anime for me, at least, since last episode was broadcasted 2 weeks ago.
          >
          > Rob

        • coronet
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2012
            Italy. The channel is RAI4. It’s one of the state-run channels. They usually broadcast 2-3 anime series a season. And usually better stuff than the kiddies shows infest commercial channels. You know, gazillions of pokemon-like anime. Anyway, this time, along with Madoka magika there was “Ano hi mita hana no namae etc.”. That one too, was pretty good.
                                                                                                                                                                                           Rob

            Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:50 AM
            Subject: [SPAM] [Yuricon] Re: What are we watching? Spring 2012 edition

            Message 5 of 11 , May 12, 2012
              Nice. Good to hear positive news coming from Italy.

              On a state-run channel you say? I find that impressive (although for the shallow reason that it would never happen in my country).