The Queen of Whale Cay

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      I have just finished reading a biography of Joe Carstairs (1900–1993) titled 'The Queen of Whale Cay' and had to restrain myself to post about it until I had actually read all of it. This is because about a quarter of the way though it I realized that Carstairs lead a life that would not be out of place in fiction.

      I could go on and on but it would be best to read the biography itself. It is not very long for the chronicle of the life of a woman who lived till she was nearly 94 and is very well written (though I have not read nearly enough biographical media for someone my age).

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Carstairs

      Anyone else heard of Joe Carstairs? Because I felt that her life with its almost absurd stories and extremes would go down well with Yuri fans.