[Yuricon] Nanoha - Another AYD?

  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2012
      Dear friends...

      I'm sorry to bother you with this and all...

      but I was wondering...has there ever been any official confirmation of Nanoha and Fate as a canon couple in the shows or manga.  I am currently up to 'strikers' in anime and the Vivio manga...and even to now...the writer seems to enjoy 'hinting' while never actually making anything that could be construed as an actual confession they're a couple.

      I don't know...I don't need a scene of the two ravishing each other, but anything that would say. "We're together" would be nice.  Still, to this day, I go to places and see other Nanoha fans screaming that "Fate and Nanoha aren't a couple...Nanoha loves Yuuno!"   And I'm wondering....Did I miss something?  Am I going mad?

      Some one tell me which way is which.  As mentioned, I'm not looking for Strawberry Panic! level of obviousness, but is it too much to ask for something where "yeah..they're together".  >.<

      Bleah... Maybe I'm too much of a traditional romantic. ;.;

      Kumiko Yamazaki.

      --
      =============================

      "She's so many women
      He can't find the one who was his friend
      He's hanging on to half her heart
      He can't have the restless part
      So he tells her to hasten down the wind"

      - The Late Great, Warren Zevon.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2012
        From: pretty.cure@...
        Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 13:42:01 +0800
        Subject: [Yuricon] Nanoha - Another AYD?

        > Dear friends...

        > I'm sorry to bother you with this and all...

        > but I was wondering...has there ever been any official confirmation of Nanoha and Fate as a canon couple in the shows or manga.  I am currently up to 'strikers' in anime and the Vivio manga...and even to now...the writer seems to enjoy 'hinting' while never actually making anything that could be construed as an actual confession they're a couple.

        > I don't know...I don't need a scene of the two ravishing each other, but anything that would say. "We're together" would be nice.  Still, to this day, I go to places and see other Nanoha fans screaming that "Fate and Nanoha aren't a couple...Nanoha loves Yuuno!"   And I'm wondering....Did I miss something?  Am I going mad?

        > Some one tell me which way is which.  As mentioned, I'm not looking for Strawberry Panic! level of obviousness, but is it too much to ask for something where "yeah..they're together".  >.<

        Nope, there is no "confirmation." In fact, they hardly touch while we're looking. Ambiguity sells, and the creators of the anime want to sell to the largest possible fanbase. If they "confirmed" Nanoha and Fate as a couple, then Nanoha x Yuuno fans will be angered. The closest hints are in the Soundstage Drama CDs, and in Vivio we see Fate and Nanoha as mothers to Vivio, but no, there is nothing that indicated specifically, in a overt or explicit manner that they are "together."