JManga is going global!

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2012
      From the JManga Facebook page: "Just got the confirmation!! Thanks to all of your support... www.jmanga.com IS NOW GLOBAL!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!"

      I want to thank all of you who communicated with them in the past few weeks and as soon as I have more details, of course I'll share them. Finally, non-North Aerican fans, you'll have the same chance we have to read Yuri and a host of other manga on JManga.

      You might want to check the Jmanga.com site, too, for any details about registering and payment outside North America.

      Here's hoping that this will *never* be an issue again, and that JManga paves the way for a new, much more sensible global economy of manga. ^_^

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2012
        On 28-Feb-2012 15:19 -0000, EricaF wrote:

        > I want to thank all of you who communicated with them in the past few weeks and as soon as I have more details, of course I'll share them.

        And thank you for helping to persuade them and organise everyone else.
        Guess it's time to warm up the credit card.

        > Here's hoping that this will *never* be an issue again, and that JManga paves the way for a new, much more sensible global economy of manga. ^_^

        So say we all...

        (Next step: DVD and Blu-ray regioning? Ha. Pleasant dream, eh?)
        .oO("something hairy with way too much legs" )
      • Johann Chua
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2012
          On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM, EricaF <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

          You might want to check the Jmanga.com site, too, for any details about registering and payment outside North America.

          Just registered. I'll update my info when their country list expands beyond United States and Canada.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2012

            > On 28-Feb-2012 15:19 -0000, EricaF wrote:
            >
            > > I want to thank all of you who communicated with them in the past few weeks and as soon as I have more details, of course I'll share them.
            >
            > And thank you for helping to persuade them and organise everyone else.
            > Guess it's time to warm up the credit card.

            All I did was tell them they were leaving sales on the table. All of *you* made the point for me. ^_^

            I have been frustrated right along with all of you non-NA fans for years. I'm so glad that we were all able to make this happen and I sincerely believe that we have just seen the first step in a radical change for the manga industry. (One that had to come, and soon, or the industry would die.)

            This is not accidental. Twitter lets us talk with mangaka real-time, digital distribution means we don't have to wait for manuscripts, shipping and distribution. We're not quite at the new standard, but we're making leaps forward towards it. This weekend at MangaNEXT I felt that so strongly.

            The new paradigm is right around the corner. I cannot *wait* to see what it looks like. ^_^

            > > Here's hoping that this will *never* be an issue again, and that JManga paves the way for a new, much more sensible global economy of manga. ^_^
            >
            > So say we all...
            >
            > (Next step: DVD and Blu-ray regioning? Ha. Pleasant dream, eh?)

            Yes. Absolutely.

            And you know me...I don't dream in the dusty recesses of my mind. I freakin' work hard to make it possible.

            I demand the world change to my expectations. So far, it's doing pretty good at listening to me. ^_^ My next battle - lose DVD and streaming regioning, add multiple language tracks.

            As a final "moral of the story" I'd like to say - see? This is what happens when you, the fans, politely, consistently make your voices heard. Things can change. The key is to have a message, something that can be done. Not "why don't you do this?" but "Here is a thing - this one thing that is doable would be good for you, the business because..."

            Anyway, good job everyone!

          • Johann Chua
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2012
              Quick update: previewed and bought the two volumes of Girl Friends, no problem. Can't preview or buy Poor Poor Lips, for some reason.
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 29, 2012
                Apparently PPL is still embargoed for some reason. We'll have to keep up the pressure. Thanks for the update!

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                From: johannconradchua@...
                Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:12:13 +0800
                Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: JManga is going global!