Re: [Yuricon] Vampire Yuri?

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
      On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 22:41:05 -0000, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you know of any manga or anime that combine the vampire and yuri
      > genres, even in a with-googles way?

      Well, if you're prepared to apply goggles then the Vampire Princess
      Miyu TV series would probably count. (I'd recommend watching the OVAs
      too; not for yuri - just because they're rather good.) The DVDs might
      be hard to get hold of by now, mind.
      .oO("need some part-time job?" )
    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012

        Iinari!! Kyuuketsuhime, nothing more.

        cheers

        Grisznak

        2012/2/1 Lyn <lynmarenjensen@...>

        Do you know of any manga or anime that combine the vampire and yuri genres, even in a with-googles way?

      • Katherine
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
          Natsuneko published a one-shot in Yuri Hime issue 11 about a woman who seeks revenge against the vampire who killed her father, only to fall in love with her. Sadly, it hasn't been collected into a tankoubon. (Haven't seen anything by Natsuneko in a while, actually.)

          Erm...that's all I can think of. This isn't an anime or manga example, but (at the risk of going off-topic) have you read Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla? If you haven't, you should. It's the great-grandmother of lesbian vampire stories, and it's very good. (If you like Carmilla, you should read the poem that set a precedent for it, Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Christabel .) Heh, excuse my literary geeking. ^_^

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

          > Do you know of any manga or anime that combine the vampire and yuri genres, even in a with-googles way?

        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
            Carmilla id look into that its arguably the first major vampire story. Id be surprised if there hasn't been at least some yuri done with it.

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <lynmarenjensen@...> wrote:

            > Do you know of any manga or anime that combine the vampire and yuri genres, even in a with-googles way?

          • Lyn
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
              There are so many vampire manga/anime stories, but I would think that combining yuri and vampires would be something that someone would have come up with before now. For example, the female vampires in "Vampire Knight," often talk about how pure young female humans are so "yummy." Sanami Matoh crossed vampires w/ yaoi in her "Full Moon" manga, but that's the only yaoi-related vampire story I know of, too.