Re: [Yuricon] Re: Sailor Moon back on Philippine TV in 2012!

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2012
      On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Joy Bordador <haruka173@...> wrote:

      > Well, okay, to be fair, yes Mercury hasn't shown up yet so maybe this could change. But so far
      > Usagi, Naru, Miss Haruna, Usagi's mum, the other background characters, even the female villain
      > of the day on occasion, all sound astonishingly alike with high-pitched voices that don't seem

      Jenny Bituin (Usagi) and Rona Aguilar (Naru) did both play Kagura on
      Gintama, so they're in the same range and tend to play a lot of
      loli/moe characters. Rona has a better boy's voice though.

      > to vary in emotion (listening to Usagi go through her mood swings, which was an integral part
      > of the first season, has made me think so; I observed the same with Naru's and Miss Haruna's
      > voices during the DJ Jedite episode, which I think was episode 3 or 4 -- they didn't sound like
      > they were sleepy when they should have been). I am really hoping this will change once more
      > Senshi and villains show up throughout the course of the show.

      I think Hazel Hernan is going to play Rei.

      Wish I still had a working Betamax deck so I could play my tape of the
      old dub for comparison.
    • Colleen Rei
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2012

        Girl, you should know by now that here in our country, it's not one (seiyuu) is to one (character). I can't remember Ms. Haruna and Mrs. Tsukino's voices, but Usagi (Jenny Bituin) and Naru (Rona Aguilar) don't sound alike to me.

        I know they have many in-house dubbers, but they're divided into groups right now that I'm not sure if they can lend each other's dubbers. The group doing Naruto seemed to be the veterans compared to the group doing Sailor Moon.

        Yeah, I watch Naruto after Sailor Moon. LOL, are you kidding? They also cut it so much that there were days that there was no opening theme.

        Anyway, my twitter friend just posted the schedule of Sailor Moon on Hero TV if you're interested.

        Sailor Moon 5-episode marathon premieres February 5, 2012, sundays @ 12:00-2:30am, 11:30-2:00pm and 8:30-11:00pm.

        And if anyone's interested in Naruto.

        Naruto Shippuuden S4 5-episode marathon premieres Feb. 11, 2012, saturdays @ 12:00-2:30am, 11:30-2:00pm and 8:30-11:00pm.

        Toodles!

        I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.- E.B. White