Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
      I've seen the first three episodes. Symphogear has two yuri characters. Tsubasa, an idol, loves her singing partner Kanade. When aliens attack at their concert and they transform into magical girl-type fighters, Kanade dies saving a girl named Hibiki. When Kanade died and her transforming "relic" shattered, shards of it were embedded in Hibiki's chest. Two years later, Tsubasa, still an idol, is attending the same school as Hibiki and her best friend/roommate Miku. (Poor Miku likes Hibiki. At the beginning of episode 1, we see that Hibiki will eventually die. Doesn't bother me since she's the least likeable character.) Aliens attack again, and because of the relic pieces in her chest, Hibiki transforms into the battle armor Kanade used. Much to Tsubasa's chagrin, she and Hibiki are now fighting partners.

      Also, they activate their battle armor by singing dance music. :-)

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <Pi567@...> wrote:

      > has anyone seen this anime, Senki Zesshou Symphogear? is it yuri?

    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 9, 2012
        After new episodes - yes, moar yuri. This time - antagonists. They're psychos, of course, but they're lesbians as well, one is sadist and other is masochist (they kinda remind me relations of Fate and her "mother" in Nanoha). Who knows, maybe it's most yuri anime of this year?
        cheers
        Grisznak

        2012/1/24 Katherine <smithie_28@...>

        I've seen the first three episodes. Symphogear has two yuri characters. Tsubasa, an idol, loves her singing partner Kanade. When aliens attack at their concert and they transform into magical girl-type fighters, Kanade dies saving a girl named Hibiki. When Kanade died and her transforming "relic" shattered, shards of it were embedded in Hibiki's chest. Two years later, Tsubasa, still an idol, is attending the same school as Hibiki and her best friend/roommate Miku. (Poor Miku likes Hibiki. At the beginning of episode 1, we see that Hibiki will eventually die. Doesn't bother me since she's the least likeable character.) Aliens attack again, and because of the relic pieces in her chest, Hibiki transforms into the battle armor Kanade used. Much to Tsubasa's chagrin, she and Hibiki are now fighting partners.

        Also, they activate their battle armor by singing dance music. :-)

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <Pi567@...> wrote:

        > has anyone seen this anime, Senki Zesshou Symphogear? is it yuri?

      • Nina
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2012
          most yuri anime of this year?

          oooh, definitely, Black Rock Shooter on TV and Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku have to be on that list

          and to stay on topic, i finally got to check out Symphogear on Funimation, i like it. i soo want to know what they'll do with miku...her feelings for hibiki.

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 12, 2012
            Where is yuri in "Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku"??? It's very good anime, I agree, but yuri??

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 12, 2012

              > Where is yuri in "Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku"??? It's very good anime, I agree,
              > but yuri??

              Aside from the obvious set-up of Marika and Chiaki (Nadesico type/genki-type) apparently in the original novels, Jenny and Lynn (the Yacht club president and vice president) are a couple. In the OP, there is one group shot where Jenny and Lynn are holding hands. Yes, one has to look carefully. (I can't believe I said that...) Someone mentioned it to me, and I confirm that indeed, yes, that frame does exist.

              I've got the first novel in my inbox, so as soon as I have a chance to read it, I'll get back to you, but I will say this - Jenny and Lynn pinged my Yuridar even with no apparent anything between them. ^_^

              According to Okazu comments, when the anime was announced, the directive came down, "no romance" and the fans reacted, "Even Jenny and Lynn???" So apparently they believe they are together.