Senki Zesshou Symphogear

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2012
      has anyone seen this anime, Senki Zesshou Symphogear? is it yuri?
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2012
        I have not seen it, but there does not appear to be any canon Yuri. Fanon is always likely where there's more than one female character. ^_^

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: Pi567@...
        > Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:42:53 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Senki Zesshou Symphogear
        >
        > has anyone seen this anime, Senki Zesshou Symphogear? is it yuri?

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Grisznak
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 18, 2012
          I'm watching this. Well, it's always a matter of what you think of yuri. If you can see yuri in two moe girls who are close friends, sleeping in one bed, and blushing while holding their hands, then you have 100% yuri in yuri.
          cheers
          Grisznak

          2012/1/17 Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>

          I have not seen it, but there does not appear to be any canon Yuri. Fanon is always likely where there's more than one female character. ^_^

          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: Pi567@...
          > Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:42:53 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Senki Zesshou Symphogear

          > has anyone seen this anime, Senki Zesshou Symphogear? is it yuri?

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Gary
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2012
            Well, we survived "Protest Blackout Day", and I truely hope it does some good. I understand that we need to protect legitimate interests, but not that way, please.

            Anyway, Yuri or not, the review provided through the link seemed rather down on Senki Zesshou Symphogear as an anime. Do those of you who've had a chance to see it (I haven't, yet) agree or disagree that the anime is not as good as it could have been?

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012
              It depends. It's not best anime of this season, I'm sure, but it's not terrible as well. It's rather simple, without deep plot, but with good graphic and decent characters. There's lot of music, some might find it as a pros, some as a cons. All in all, I'm gonna watch it, 'cos I'll be writing a review. If you're looking for a good serie, check Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku.
              cheers
              Grisznak

              2012/1/20 Gary <gsmith692002@...>

              Well, we survived "Protest Blackout Day", and I truely hope it does some good. I understand that we need to protect legitimate interests, but not that way, please.

              Anyway, Yuri or not, the review provided through the link seemed rather down on Senki Zesshou Symphogear as an anime. Do those of you who've had a chance to see it (I haven't, yet) agree or disagree that the anime is not as good as it could have been?

              > I'm watching this. Well, it's always a matter of what you think of yuri. If
              > you can see yuri in two moe girls who are close friends, sleeping in one
              > bed, and blushing while holding their hands, then you have 100% yuri in
              > yuri.
              > cheers
              > Grisznak
              >
              > 2012/1/17 Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>
              >
              > > **

              > > I have not seen it, but there does not appear to be any canon Yuri. Fanon
              > > is always likely where there's more than one female character. ^_^
              > >
              > > http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2011-01-07/zac
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > Erica
              > >
              > > Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
              > > http://www.yuricon.org
              > >
              > > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > > > From: Pi567@...

              > > > Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:42:53 +0000
              > > > Subject: [Yuricon] Senki Zesshou Symphogear
              > >

              > > > has anyone seen this anime, Senki Zesshou Symphogear? is it yuri?

            • Katherine
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 24, 2012
                I've seen the first three episodes. Symphogear has two yuri characters. Tsubasa, an idol, loves her singing partner Kanade. When aliens attack at their concert and they transform into magical girl-type fighters, Kanade dies saving a girl named Hibiki. When Kanade died and her transforming "relic" shattered, shards of it were embedded in Hibiki's chest. Two years later, Tsubasa, still an idol, is attending the same school as Hibiki and her best friend/roommate Miku. (Poor Miku likes Hibiki. At the beginning of episode 1, we see that Hibiki will eventually die. Doesn't bother me since she's the least likeable character.) Aliens attack again, and because of the relic pieces in her chest, Hibiki transforms into the battle armor Kanade used. Much to Tsubasa's chagrin, she and Hibiki are now fighting partners.

                Also, they activate their battle armor by singing dance music. :-)

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 9, 2012
                  After new episodes - yes, moar yuri. This time - antagonists. They're psychos, of course, but they're lesbians as well, one is sadist and other is masochist (they kinda remind me relations of Fate and her "mother" in Nanoha). Who knows, maybe it's most yuri anime of this year?
                  cheers
                  Grisznak

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 12, 2012
                    most yuri anime of this year?

                    oooh, definitely, Black Rock Shooter on TV and Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku have to be on that list

                    and to stay on topic, i finally got to check out Symphogear on Funimation, i like it. i soo want to know what they'll do with miku...her feelings for hibiki.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 12, 2012
                      Where is yuri in "Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku"??? It's very good anime, I agree, but yuri??

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 12, 2012

                        > Where is yuri in "Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku"??? It's very good anime, I agree,
                        > but yuri??

                        Aside from the obvious set-up of Marika and Chiaki (Nadesico type/genki-type) apparently in the original novels, Jenny and Lynn (the Yacht club president and vice president) are a couple. In the OP, there is one group shot where Jenny and Lynn are holding hands. Yes, one has to look carefully. (I can't believe I said that...) Someone mentioned it to me, and I confirm that indeed, yes, that frame does exist.

                        I've got the first novel in my inbox, so as soon as I have a chance to read it, I'll get back to you, but I will say this - Jenny and Lynn pinged my Yuridar even with no apparent anything between them. ^_^

                        According to Okazu comments, when the anime was announced, the directive came down, "no romance" and the fans reacted, "Even Jenny and Lynn???" So apparently they believe they are together.