Re: Top Ten (?) Yuri Anime of 2011

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2011

      > Well, of course ;) But about 2011, it was poor year for yuri, even for
      > wanna-be yuri series...

      It was a pretty great year for Yuri manga in Japanese, though.

      And great if you love Yuru Yuri. ^_^;;

      I hoped that some info about Lady Oscar movie will
      > be revealed, but sadly, no news about it...

      We haven't heard anything about that since TIAF a few years ago. I'm guess it'll never be made. I wonder why?...

      And about my fav 2011 anime
      > with yuri touch:
      > 1) Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls - main heroine is bisexual, so she dates with
      > both boys and girls. Also, funny series, with lot of action.
      > 2) Fate/Zero - like you said, not really yuri, but Saber and Iris make
      > brilliant couple. Let's call this magic of black suit.
      > 3) A-Channel - funny, heartwarming and imho much better than K-on (matter
      > of taste, of course).
      > 4) Horizon in the middle of nowhere - at last two real lesbians... that
      > make more lesbians than in any other 2011 series.
      > 5) Morita - lot of yuri-like obsession, but not real yuri. Lame graphic.

      Morita-san ha Mukuchi does have a bit of Yuri in the manga, other than the glasses girl stalking Mayu. Yamamoto is not only very popular with the girls, she is actually looking at them subtlely. In the last volume of the manga (3, I think) we learn that she's definitely on Team Yuri. ^_^

      I love the 3-minute format of the anime too. I wish they;d do that for more of the 4-koma anime.

      Thanks for your version of the Top Ten - everyone can feel welcome to join in and offer their top ten list up. That would be loads of fun.